Prepping figures

JRutman

Thanks Shawn,

Yes,cotton swab or you can use any kind of cotton. I dip the cotton into a thinned solution of the color of paint I want the hair to be. Let dry. Then tease it out into strands. Superglue to the plastic hair already on the fig,which has already been painted the same color as the cotton. Let dry and blend with paint.

Here is the stock Preiser fig from their older set of refugees/after the war figures on the left and my minor conversion on right. Some basic re-posing and carving and undercutting was involved. The molding bumbs and lumps had to be removed and a few pounds taken away with my dremel. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to diet in real life like that ?

J

IMG_1360_zps10inp9hs.jpg

She will be in the back row in the truck and so I will not need a spectacular figure back there. As if any of my figures are spectacular,      LoL.

Chavdar and Boris,

Thanks for the kind words guys and very cool names,by the way. I must say I don't get to type that in somewhere very often,Chavdar and Boris. Sounds like the name of a trendy new sit-com on an obscure cable channel. I love the international aspect of modeling forums. Very nice.

In reference to the "cotton hair"  I tried to give that guy a sprinkle of grey at the temples as befitting a middle age man. I haven't suceeded at this so far because it is hard to blend the colors with the cotton bits.  Oh well,WIP,

J

Got the eating guy done but now under magnification I see the eyes got squirrely when I added the clear satin.

IMG_1361_zpsgfmhhzbb.jpg

I tried to show the late war uniforms various colors. They were made in different factories and the colors varied. Late in the war the colors took a more brownish tone as they used ground up soviet uniforms to mix in with the other wool,showing a more brown tint. I used to own one of those.

IMG_1362_zpsviguotrp.jpg

Hello Jerrry,

Well you know names are just letters thrown out in different ways in different countrys (many times meaning the same thing in different langauges).

Keep up the good work :) .

Cheers

Boris

Edited by BGB

Two more done. This brings up the body count in this dio to 20 so far.  I may get the hang of this thing before it's done.

The guy is a Miniart fig right from the box,no mods. I just painted him like a Luftwaffe swabby instead of a Wehrmacht tanker which is what he was kitted for. Only need to change the colors from field grey to field blue ! The lady was a fairly extensive mod.  Masterbox fig from the French Resistance set. She was re-posed and then given some big boy pants and a putty sweater over the shoulder. I was going for the feel of the "lost girl" from the famous video sequence of Germans surrendering to the US Army in middle Europe in 1945.

Please have a look,

IMG_1363_zpstmtiyrbz.jpg

I always exclude pics from the rear view so here goes. Fuzzy though.

IMG_1364_zps1xyeeyca.jpg

Not bad for OOTB fig !

IMG_1365_zpsowkksakk.jpg

Here is how she began

IMG_1167_zpspkhv5vfm.jpg