Prepping figures

JRutman

Would I need my Passport to go to Tim Buck Too? LOL

AND............. a journey of 1000 miles start with the first foot step......

Thanks Jerry I am looking for more classes................ ones I won't skip out to go drink beer..... front row only !!

Cheers

Jeff

This figure was completed fairly rapidly. It is a Warriers offering with a Hornet head so it was well sculpted and a breeze to paint after all the reworking needed for the last few figs.

IMG_1354_zpsd1dtkdq3.jpg

IMG_1355_zpskfhtmmt6.jpg

The flesh tones are all Lifecolor acrylic while most of the uniform was Valejo. The uniform was done with 4 different shades of gray,finishing with black. I tried making a Luftwaffe qualification patch showing aircraft mech. but it came out kind of crappy I think.  I believe this is one of the best heads ever done by Mr Saunders and that is saying something because all his stuff is soooo nice.

You can see how defined the shoes are with mo work from me at all !! Just slap some paint on and they are ready. No matter how careful I am thre always seems to be dust bits that cling to the finished fig. Arggg

J

Edited by JRutman

Neat!  Love the relaxed pose..................and the cig.  I actually found my big 21 lb cat Sam who occasionally sheds his gigantic 4" long whiskers, was the perfect medium to use for 32nd scale cigarettes.    Love the hair too.................really need to try that one too at some point, as I Love the look of the scraggly hair sticking out of a hat

Guest Peterpools

J

Amazing work and I'm starting to actually have a clue how to work my way through a figure. In the past I failed miserably but I'm going to try again

Keep 'em coming

Reter

Bubba

The work that you do is simply stunning. Your skill sets and your ability. The things you do are simply beyond me in every sense. These are my heartfelt and genuine sentiments. These things said... please, if you would, be a good chap and tell me what kind of P38 this is? :)

Edited by Ironwing

Neat!  Love the relaxed pose..................and the cig.  I actually found my big 21 lb cat Sam who occasionally sheds his gigantic 4" long whiskers, was the perfect medium to use for 32nd scale cigarettes.    Love the hair too.................really need to try that one too at some point, as I Love the look of the scraggly hair sticking out of a hat

Thanks man,

I just used boring old stretched sprue for the cig. The hair can be tricky. Less is more. If you don't get it just right it will look very very fake,just like a bad wig.

J

Bubba

The work that you do is simply stunning. Your skill sets and your ability. The things you do are simply beyond me in every sense. These are my heartfelt and genuine sentiments. These things said... please, if you would, be a good chap and tell me what kind of P38 this is? :)

With that wild=ass metal punching you are doing I could say the same thing-beyond my skill set.  See,what you may not be aware of,is the Luftwaffe guy here is THINKING of the P-38 that shot down his pilots' plane.

J

OK,Jeff,I will try to make something happen here. Don't know what but.....

Anyway,somebody has a boo boo and this is why Opa isn't too happy.

IMG_1352_zps0pz9kcae.jpg

IMG_1353_zps5v7wdoyj.jpg

Once again,these are hopelessly enlarged and I cringe at all the blemishes at this magnification.

J

We are our own worst critics Jerry. Wish I could do crappy work like this !. Thanks for doing all this my friend.......Harv

Thanks Maru for the very kind words as always.

Here are two more middle aged reservists for the back of the truck. Two Army guys,one has already decided he won't wear the correct uniform any more as what's the point ? The other has the last style uniform from the end of the war.

IMG_1356_zpsox1fxnrh.jpg

Mix them with the Luftwaffe mechanic.

IMG_1358_zpshmfrrvnq.jpg

This thing shouldn't last too much longer. I just hope we make it to the Amis.

IMG_1359_zpsivvbjtq7.jpg

Thanks for your continued support fellas,

J

" middle aged reservists"......................hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm   I think I more than resemble that remark........... never ever thought I would tho.... just sayin.....

I'm still enjoying the tutoring classes, I will miss them when we graduate...

Awesome stuff Jerry... really enjoying this

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

All three of these guys began as Brits,

The one on the left is Dragon and the other two are I believe MB or maybe Miniart.

IMG_1165_zpsjj2xtx82.jpg

With basic re-mod skills you can make a fig into almost anything you want to as long as you carefully choose the starting figure it doesn't even take that much conversion. Of course,you have to do a bit of research on uniforms,etc.

The middle guy has kept his from the box head whilst the end guys both have Hornet replacements, They all have added hats as well.from various sources. I am running short on softcaps after doing this dio.

J

Edited by JRutman