Prepping figures

JRutman

Shawn,Shelby.Hamfists and Jeremy,

Thanks all for weighing in and the nice comments,I always appreciate it. The background pic is just for show and will not be in the final scene. I have something way different in mind there. But there will be some kind of backdrop. My new trend is to paint them myself as I need very specific types.  But I have used photos in the past as well,like this one.  I try to stay away from the pics shot from above that usually get taken of models.  We don't look at life as if we are a drone floating in air and yet most pics are taken from this vantage point.  Get that camera down at ground level folks !!  At least for one pic anyway ?

J

Quang,Shavdar,Shawn and Jim,

Thanks fellas for looking in and making such gracious comments. Shawn,in this scale the beards and such are treated as an object. I paint the base color,then add a stain around the edges in darker colors and also a wash in darker tones. When dry I add highlites. If the beard is bushy enough I will tweek it with some dyed cotton strands.

J

Holy....this is top notch stuff...I have my tools out to try this with some RAF crews and some of the excellent Master Box WW I figures......this is perfect timing!!

Thanks Jerry, I'm taking notes and looking forward to MORE!!!

Cheers

Jeff

Well, with this tutelage , I started to clean up and scrape a few of my Masterbox figures, by opening sleeves, and jackets where they flare out, not an easy task in some areas with the hamfists I have, (but if I don't look too close), it has made a world of difference to how the jacket seems to 'fall', looks way more real, many thanks Jerry, this time I actually tried something and it works .......I'm no where near the sculptor you are, but for my efforts, I'm fairly happy so far, I still have a long way to go tho...

Jeff

Well, with this tutelage , I started to clean up and scrape a few of my Masterbox figures, by opening sleeves, and jackets where they flare out, not an easy task in some areas with the hamfists I have, (but if I don't look too close), it has made a world of difference to how the jacket seems to 'fall', looks way more real, many thanks Jerry, this time I actually tried something and it works .......I'm no where near the sculptor you are, but for my efforts, I'm fairly happy so far, I still have a long way to go tho...

Jeff

I am humbled that I can help in any small way. Even a trip as long as the one to Tim-buck-too starts with the first step forward!

J