B-17 G update sets

monthebiff

I've just received my HK B-17G which I found on ebay for a bargain £200.00 which I was pretty happy with, was going to order the upcoming E version but I really wanted a NMF bird rather than an OD machine. 

My question is, what are the best bits of am stuff to buy, I don't want to go overboard but add the stuff that is really needed so if any B-17 experts want to chime in with a bit of advice that would be great!!

Also and I know it's a bit of a long shot but if anyone has a 32nd scale sheet of Zotz "Heavenly bodies" they are willing to sell please PM me and name your price as I really want to build "D Day Doll"

Thanks in advance for any help with the above.

Regards. Andy 

One thing I will add to the list and recommend buying is the Master Norden bombsight as this is the most visible internal item of the kit. I just saw a nice model of Little miss mischief on saturday and can testify this is the most obvious item.

Thank you Thierry, gunsight on order.......postage cost more than the item but WOW it looks very very good!! 

Regards. Andy

Regards. Andy

Just watch the Eduard pre-painted photo-etched sets as some of the detail parts are painted 'US Interior Green'. B-17s were never painted interior green and instead the painted areas (just the flightdeck - all other areas were left in bare metal) were in fact dark dull green, so if you wish to use the pre-painted parts were green is present, you may wish to re-paint them.

Tom

With the amount of photo etch by Eduardo, it's really easy to get carried away. Having started the kit I'd say go for the cockpit and bombardier/front end when it comes to etch. Brassin supercharges looks nice and of course barrels from Master.

If I buy a HK 17, which I would love to, I am afraid and heaven knows how much the final tally would be with kit and AM....

Tempted really really tempted but the wallet says no....

Just watch the Eduard pre-painted photo-etched sets as some of the detail parts are painted 'US Interior Green'. B-17s were never painted interior green and instead the painted areas (just the flightdeck - all other areas were left in bare metal) were in fact dark dull green, so if you wish to use the pre-painted parts were green is present, you may wish to re-paint them.

Tom

Thanks for your insight Tom, not sure about using the pre-painted stuff on this one  to be honest.

Regards. Andy

If I buy a HK 17, which I would love to, I am afraid and heaven knows how much the final tally would be with kit and AM....

Tempted really really tempted but the wallet says no....

I'm going to try and be realistic on this one, add some AM stuff and also try and add as much detail with some good old plastic card.

Regards. Andy

Just starting my 'G' - concentrating on cockpit, nose interior and engines - I'm trying to not get too carried away!

Dry assembled the fuselage today and, well, er, WoW!

Iain

Just starting my 'G' - concentrating on cockpit, nose interior and engines - I'm trying to not get too carried away!

Dry assembled the fuselage today and, well, er, WoW!

Iain

I would recommend the Bomb Bay too. It adds a lot!