Jerry Rutman Parts

Kylenlord

Hello everyone,

I'm about to begin a revell 1/32 P38 and saw that Jerry Rutman offers an upgrade set for this kit. I've tried calling the number listed here as well as the email but the address is down. Does anyone have alternate contacts or know if he is still offering these?

Thank you

Kyle

Welcome aboard, Kyle!

:post1:

Sadly, Jerry has retired from the aftermarket business, and is no longer producing or selling parts. He's a member here (JRutman), so you could try sending him a PM and ask if he still has what you seek. Jerry also sold many of his patterns to Grey Matter Figures. If you type P-38 into the search box on their website, you'll still find 3 sets there.

Alternatively, once you've got a couple more posts under your belt, you'll be able to use our Traders Board, and put in a request there.

Kev

Welcome to our home ! Fantastic place with fantastic people ! I was going to tell you about GMF but now you know. I have had the honor of building a P-38M with all of Jerrys upgrades and all were great. But I do believe that GMF has made them better. Good luck.....Harv   :post1:

Wow thank you guys for the warm welcome.

I don't have an aversion to spending money, which is why I don't have any to spend! :rolleyes: 

Harvey I followed your entire P38 build thread, It was fantastic. I will contact Grey Matter and see how much it would cost to get to the states.

I'm working on photo uploads now, I just signed up for photo bucket. Here is a picture I took at the Thomas Mcguire Jr. AFB. I have about 200 hi res photos that I'll be using heavily for documentation. My apologies if it is too big. Thanks everyone!114_zps1yxr9kwu.jpg

Welcome!  Hopefully between Jerry and Tim @ Graymatter, you can get the help you want.

Please do share a WIP in our Work in Progress forums when you get around to starting the P-38!   We DO love our pics round here

Edited by Out2gtcha

Welcome, Kyle! You'll find there are quite a few other P-38 fanatics here, like myself. Jerry is probably the most knowledgeable guy on Lightnings I've ever known. I have one built, and two in progress as we speak, all in 1/32.

Thank you Harvey, I'll send an email to him tomorrow to inquire.

Thanks for the welcome Tim, well I just cut the parts off the spruces and it is certainly bigger than I anticipated. I built a 1/48 about 8 years ago and it's definitely a whopper by comparison.

Kyle

Welcome to our home ! Fantastic place with fantastic people ! I was going to tell you about GMF but now you know. I have had the honor of building a P-38M with all of Jerrys upgrades and all were great. But I do believe that GMF has made them better. Good luck.....Harv   :post1:

IIRC the sets out on Grey Matter are for the Trumpeter kit. You can adapt them to the Revell kit. But it is work. Check this site for a build that goes through the issues. I am working on the early conversion of the Revell kit. I am at the cleanup primer stage. Re-scribe is next. This is maybe a good reason to use the Trumpeter kit. However my Revell kit only set me back 8 or 10 bucks. Waay easier to get myself to cut it up. It looks pretty cool right now. Keep everything aligned and be vigilant about keep those booms straight.

Have fun always.

Rick