Italeri RAAF Mirage IIIO. FINISHED

ericg

Great gunsight pics! Must have been a real hoot participating in those exercises!

Mike

I reckon it would have been. Slightly less mundane flying that I get to do!

Here is a pic of Sean looking a bit younger, in the most unassuming pose ever to be seen of a fighter pilot standing next to a jet.  Maybe he can fill in some detail regarding the picture?

thumbnail_Trestrail%20and%20jet_zpsvuijo

Some more work on the panel.

Now that I had the 2 main parts of the IP sorted out, it was time to get the radar panel into position. I used my microchisel (and if you don't have one of these yet, get one!) to hollow out the area in which the radar screen was about to be placed. The benefits of starting the panel again have now paid off as everything is in the right position.

IMG_2881_zpsluvyklvf.jpg

It was time to re-do the Bezu ball, turned in my dremel from some plastic rod. I have slightly beveled the hole in the panel to give it the same look as the real one.

IMG_2882_zpsfy0lbtlx.jpg

I added the radar glare protector (left over from my previous attempt)

IMG_2887_zpsi7lajtet.jpg

A front on shot which has allowed me to compare to the reference photos that I have. Pretty close. I still have many more details to add to the panel.

IMG_2886_zpsffkl6nu9.jpg 

"I think this was just after I was asked by Cleo magazine to do the nude centrefold so was practicing suave poses."
Thanks for that Sean, I just snorted coffee all over my monitor.
Most unbecoming allusions, especially from one of Australia's "Finest"!!

Just broke too late ... this was a Sandgrooper exercise out of Perth 1983/84 as I recall.

We're Sandgropers ... I'd be a little worried about being a 'grooper' - sounds too much like being a target!! :D

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69