Tamiya Mossie: UPDATE: 2/4/17: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Bri

Much appreciated. Tamiya did an exceptional job on the gear and wheels and now that the secret is out of the bag about extra care needing to be taken on the side wall parts, no need for any resin on there.

My plans are being a OOB Contest Model, I'm going against my normal approach and leaving everything open and blowing in the wind. So much of the front office and bomb bay details won't be seen as assemblies seem to pile up on assemblies.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

HI John

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments on the Mossie and her Betty Grable Legs!

I'm finally closing in on the end of construction and the paint shop is mighty close - my favorite part of any build.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Ernie

No, say it ain't so ... lost for words .... impossible.

So very much appreciated your comments on the Mossie

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks MIke

So very glad you are enjoying the build and I'm even surprising myself that build a kit straight out of the box can be so much fun.

Peter

Man, those look fabulous. i bought the SAC metal landing gears and Eduard's resin wheels, i think theres gonna be issues having them sanded down to super smooth to get the metal shine on them. Hope it turns out 1/2 as good as yours, i'd be happy with that. it looks like quite a challenge to assemble Tamiya's wheels. i think i should give it a try and if i screw up i still have the resin wheels as backup?

Peter buddy!

Fantastic work done on the gear my friend. the metallics look really superb...

It just happened today i was at the Belgrade aeronautical museum during my layover, i saw a landing gear assembly of a mosquito (all they have) and thought of you ha ha... the one you built is in much much better shape this i can assure you!

Looking forward to the painting stages!

Karim

Guest Peterpools

Shan

Just take your time with the Tamiya wheels. They key is not to squuz the side walls when gluing or the treads won't fit. I actually glued the center tread on and then ones on either side and then did the side walls. Worked out perfectly. As far as the gear goes, just take your time ... the fit is typical Tamiya perfect.

Give 'em a shot.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Karim my Friend

I am humbled to say the least. If my MNossie comes close to your Albi, I'll be one happy camper for sure.

peter