Hasegawa P-47

AdamR

If all else fails you can try using a flexible saw like one of Radus thin razor saws, and try running it around the base, between the fuse and the canopy until you get it off. But of course this is potentially risky.

Im not sure what the likelihood/chance of getting a replacement canopy, but if it were me, I put the P-47 down for a bit, find a replacement canopy, order it, and when it comes in razor saw off the canopy and install the replacement. 

Guest Peterpools

Adam

What a downer but Mark's recommendation should hopefully work.

As with all the guys, I never use solvent glue to attach my canopies or clear parts: I prefer to use Micro Kristal Klear. It is a terrific PVA glue that has been around from what seems like the dawn of the hobby. I also use it to fill some gaps around clear parts as well.

Fingers crossed

Peter

Yep, I think this one is worthy of a salvage attempt for sure. Dont bin it, but come back to it if you have to 

Nah, I'm not going to trash it.  Worst case, I'll put on the rest of the decals, glue on the landing gear and other breakable bits, and give it to my grandson to hang in his room at home.  He thinks the guns and bombs on it are cool. 

I have a spare canopy you can have if you don't want to deal with ordering from Hasegawa.

I'm a Coog fan, too. We are going to kick butt again this year!

That's a very kind offer, thanks, but all my efforts to budge the canopy have been futile. This project has been my "learning" model, and it has enough other things I'm not happy with that I am done with it. I'm ready to move on to the next one. I love P-47s, so l'll probably try again some day.

Thanks again and go, Coogs!

• 4 weeks later...