paul fisher

Bell X-1A / B kits shipping now

Hi folks, 

Those of you who pre-ordered the X-1A / B will be getting your kits shortly, Anyone wanting a great look at building the kit should check out our own Eric Galliers work in progress thread here on LSP.

I had to do a very quick build ( as usual ) for the instructions and so chickened out ( as usual ) on doing the NMF bird and went with the white NACA ship, which I rather like anyway. Maybe I can do an NMF X-1B later in the year.

Paul

L_zpsxtua2fnr.jpg

parts%20layout_zps94tsugie.jpg

Looks very nice! An order from me will follow in the near future.

Wonder how the resin parts would be relevant to the Revell X-1?

Stein

Looks very nice! An order from me will follow in the near future.

Wonder how the resin parts would be relevant to the Revell X-1?

Stein

Would the engine and wheel area fit the Revell kit? They look much better as an alternative versus the mess that is the engine of the Revell version. Just another request to consider this, since there may be quite a few who will want several of the versions next to each other. If only the Cutting Edge version of the -1E was more available... but that is not to be.

Hope this sells well enough to consider this as well as others of the X planes or lifting bodies. Way too much fun,

Tnarg

Hopefully should get mine in a few days and I will see how the parts interchange.  If they don't I would love to see a nice transkit.

Just got my two kits today.  They are super nice!  It does look like Paul based these on the Revell X-1 but has done major revisions.  With that being said it does appear that the landing gear bay would work on the Revell kit.  It also appears the nozzles will work as well.  So how about it Paul?  If you have some time, please make an upgrade transkit for the X-1.