RAAF 20th anniversary hornet - the perils of polishing 23/12

ClumsyDude

Thanks, Kev and Peter ... appreciate the kind words. I need all the inspiration I can get at the moment - it takes ages when you are: (1) time poor, (2) clumsy and (3) a perfectionist. So much rework! I guess I wouldn't have it any other way. Anyway, really appreciate the support!

Cheers

Jim

Edited by ClumsyDude

Beautiful detail, I'm looking forward to seeing it at the model expo in a month!

Thanks mate ... zero chance of it being ready in a month, I reckon it's going to be 2-3 months just to get the paint down on the airframe at the rate I'm going.  But would like to show it off some day - next year probably a better bet!

Cheers

Jim

Hi! I just found this thread and have really enjoyed reading it. I do have a couple of comments; more for trivia sake than critique. You're a much better modeler than I.

1. On the ejection seat you were wondering about two lap belt connectors. one set connects the pilot harness to the seat, the other connects the pilot harness to the survival kit under the seat.

2. I read this hint on another thread and it made a great deal of sense to me; when using masks, spray a light coat of clear and let dry before spraying the color coat. The light clear coat will act as a sealer and prevent your color coat from sneaking under the edges of the mask ensuring a nice crisp edge. I thought that would be useful to pass along especially with as complicated a paint scheme as you're doing. You're a braver man than I!

Best of luck,

Bill

Thanks Bill! I'll try out the masking, I think in this case my overspray/underspray problem has come from having lumps and bumps on the tail surface ... I was in pretty good shape on the horizontal tails, they are nice and flat! Hopefully the rest of the masking doesn't have to deal much with that.

Cheers
Jim