Trumpeter spare parts?

Guest The Southern Bandit

Guest The Southern Bandit

I don't think I've ever seen a way to obtain them if needed, yep they are in China, but the world is a small place now and that should be no barrier.

Tamiya for me have been awesome both through my country's distributor several times and once a long, long time ago contacting them personally in Japan from UK, heard Airfix, Revell and a few others have spare part procedures for us if needed, might not always be perfect procedures from what I've read and might need a bit of chasing up, but it can be done if spare parts are needed.

But I've never ever heard of anyone getting spare parts from Trumpeter or their country's distributor and can think of a few instances over the years reading on modelling forums when it was needed.

I've a Trumpy 1/32 GR7 Harrier here with cracked canopy and doubt I'll get a replacement without buying a complete new kit! Pretty sure there is no after market for this part.

Maybe there is a way to get spares from Trumpeter, has anyone needed this support and had success?

I don't mind paying for spares.

Not for the Harrier as yet, but AFV Club sell some Trumpeter canopy parts with the interiors coated to look more groovy.

Worth buying as primaries or spares as clear parts are the ones you can seldom fix if damaged or broken.

Tony

The guys over at scalehobbyist.com were able to help me acquire a new 1/32 A-4F canopy once.  Trumpeter isn't very good about doing replacements, tamiya lets you just order whatever sprue you need at a fair price.  Another option if you're doing the canopy open is to get one from an alternative manufacturer in the same scale, that way if there isn't perfect fit for the closed canopy you won't notice.  Try the trading board, or post a request on one the boards, every now and then you come across someone that has what you need.  I once was able to get a series of decals out of print for over 10 years by putting a message in the wanted section.