Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair as a FAA Corsair I, 5F JT 150.......FINISHED

monthebiff

Great job Andy, the only thing that does not convince me are the oil leaks from the tank, with such a large quantity the canopy should be dirty and not so clean and then usually the leaks occurred in flight so the oil trails should follow the airflow. if you have not covered with a flat clear and the leaks you have made them with oil, you could retouch them. for the rest I think it is an excellent model.

On 6/2/2022 at 7:18 PM, monthebiff said:

Flaps all fitted today after sorting my oversight on the painting of outer flap.

20220602-231337.jpg

20220602-231414.jpg

A little adjustment on the weathering needed too blend everything in but much better.

Also spent today painting all of the smaller parts and began preparing them for fitting.

20220602-231618.jpg

Obviously the large drop tank isn't going on the Corsair though!

Regards. Andy 

Catching up and this one got me laughing! Oddly 1st thing i noticed was the big boy bomb…and then read dyour comment highlighting it for another build lol funny how certain things stand out in a crowd of parts

Beautiful build! So glad to see it cross from your bench to display!

6 hours ago, MikeC said:

That's very good, a great outcome.  :goodjob:

May I make one small suggestion though?  Given the excellent weathering and the overall effect of a well-used aircraft, the seat harness looks rather new.  Were it mine, I'd make it slightly grubby with some pastel chalk.  Your call, of course.

Again, a superb model, well done.

Thank you Mike, I would agree with you about the belts but I suppose when I completed the cockpit I had no idea on what the over all look of the airframe would be. I going to leave as is as more than likely if I try anything I will make a mess and spoil it!

Regards. Andy 

4 hours ago, spartacus2000 said:

Great job Andy, the only thing that does not convince me are the oil leaks from the tank, with such a large quantity the canopy should be dirty and not so clean and then usually the leaks occurred in flight so the oil trails should follow the airflow. if you have not covered with a flat clear and the leaks you have made them with oil, you could retouch them. for the rest I think it is an excellent model.

Unfortunately it's all sealed over and yes I was going to try and remove some of the fuel tank staining but left it too late but never mind.

Regards. Andy 

1 hour ago, themongoose said:

Catching up and this one got me laughing! Oddly 1st thing i noticed was the big boy bomb…and then read dyour comment highlighting it for another build lol funny how certain things stand out in a crowd of parts

Beautiful build! So glad to see it cross from your bench to display!

Thank you and pleased you like, the tank is a 900litre fuel tank for a Bf110 build I'm part way through at the moment. 

Regards. Andy 

29 minutes ago, Uncarina said:

Way to go Andy! It’s got to be a great feeling seeing this one through, especially to such a beautiful result.

Cheers,  Tom

Thank you Tom, It's been very enjoyable just picking this one up on the spur of a moment and finally completing it. I've decided to do the same with a Fw190 build that doesn't need to much doing to it to get it over the line as well.

Regards. Andy