Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair as a FAA Corsair I, 5F JT 150.......FINISHED

monthebiff

Thank you all for looking in, would be a shame not to finish this one especially so close to completion. Decided to fit the flaps today.

20220601-234535.jpg

20220601-234606.jpg

And as ever on this build another slight cock-up! Need to get that intermediate blue tab repainted which is a pain but definitely getting there.

Regards. Andy 

Flaps all fitted today after sorting my oversight on the painting of outer flap.

20220602-231337.jpg

20220602-231414.jpg

A little adjustment on the weathering needed too blend everything in but much better.

Also spent today painting all of the smaller parts and began preparing them for fitting.

20220602-231618.jpg

Obviously the large drop tank isn't going on the Corsair though!

Regards. Andy 

I live in Brunswick, Maine. The British Corsairs are still a legend here. They crashed a lot! One lost its wings on a Sunday morning and littered the town with parts, a machine gun bounced down the road (they say).  One old timer told me her recollection of how loud they were. I ride my bike on the now decommissioned base and think about the history here. You are doing a great job! 

So finally after 6 years I think I am calling this one finished after various trips to the SOD all self inflicted by myself not following the Tamiya instructions!

20220611-172411.jpg

20220611-172427.jpg

20220611-172441.jpg

20220611-172525.jpg

Pretty happy with how things turned out in the end and especially enjoyed painting the experimental scheme applied to this airframe.

Regards. Andy

• monthebiff changed the title to Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair as a FAA Corsair I, 5F JT 150.......FINISHED

That's very good, a great outcome.  :goodjob:

May I make one small suggestion though?  Given the excellent weathering and the overall effect of a well-used aircraft, the seat harness looks rather new.  Were it mine, I'd make it slightly grubby with some pastel chalk.  Your call, of course.

Again, a superb model, well done.