Big Scale Aggressor Eagle

stusbke

Hi guys got back from a nice summer holiday, getting back in gear so to speak and ready for the next one.....

DSC_6270_zpswxcvtwrr.jpg

One 32nd scale Tamiya F15C. The new Eagle decals from Reid Air Publications...thanx for the help...missiles from zactomodels AIM9-L and AIM9-X, exhaust set from Two Mikes and for the pit a Black Box cockpit along with a Wolfpack resin MSIP update set and I got a PWMP modelling products fod cover set should the intakes turn akward on me...yeah baby.... I'm going for the splinter aggressor....always loved the scheme.....

12185277_1073880012657289_70049577344390

depending on the time frame I got this bird loaded up with one grey and one Blue fuel tank and also a mixed load up in missile rails as well...I'll have to look in to that a bit further as It certainly makes it more interesting to have contrasting things going on.....adding even more colour to this already colourful livery.. 

till next update

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

Edited by stusbke

Taking a seat as well

That will keep us busy for the next 5 years Stubske :)

Nice choice

Lol good one...

Hey! Don't you dare putting this one ( http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=57817&do=findComment&comment=707575 ) aside for that feet dry toy plane? :D

Don't worry....this one is always on my bench working on it from time to time till I'm fed up with sanding and putt is aside for a while hope to glue all the main parts together soon so I can think about wheel bays.....

Cheers guys

Frederick Jacobs

Edited by stusbke

Niiiice, one more Eagle in the nest, goood, i`ll follow this with interest! The camo kinda reminds me of the Chuck`s F-15 and, honestly, i didn`t knew before for eagles with that type of camouflages. It sounds like an Arctic or a cold camo. Very interesting and looks not bad on the Eagle. I have one F-15C but in 1/48, with the typical grey camo.

Happy building and modeling, and more photos!! :)

PS: I checked out your theme with the Prowler... and it looks gut.

Edited by F`s are my favs

hi guys moving along fine and steady with this one, great kit....

Anyway got the resin bits in there today still needs tons of work but I managed to get it in there smoothly no pressure needed just need to check for alignment with the canopy and add some detail here and there then I can start priming the pit....

DSC_6280_zpsqojdmkuq.jpg

DSC_6278_zpseebzzhto.jpg

can't wait to start painting it up and per BuNo the avionix bay is the mettallic green colour so definitely looking forward to that.....

I used the wolfpack IP for the jet is MSIP...and I plan on adding my own seat as the BB one is IMHO not up to snuff

DSC_6285_zpsz8atjhp9.jpg

going for a cutting edge one and adding F15 specific parts from kit parts and left overs from the BB seat...seat belts I plan on making with putty far easier to handle then PE and less hassle in the end.....more on that later.....already cut off the horns from the kits seat and adding the canopy breaker in pieces....the rails are in the works as well hope to get that done by tomorrow....

DSC_6287_zpslbb76eml.jpg

Canopy got some TLC as well already added the hook thingy not going to replace the ribs going to try and cheat my way out of it and hopefully it will work time will tell loads to add on here though hooks and what not loads going on on this part but there are only a few area's where one can show just how complicated modern jets are and canopy rails and cockpits are one of the few area to do so....

I already filled in some of the panel lines still need to add the GPS panel and the dome itself and also make the APU exhaust grill.

DSC_6293_zpshgprzd9t.jpg

DSC_6291_zpsupkdsor2.jpg

speaking of grills I opened up the gun compartment grills and added few gizmo's on to the gun. planning on letting one gun panel open for interest just wondering if the gun bay colour would be metallic as well or white??

DSC_6290_zpswvpm46cu.jpg

DSC_6289_zpsofn6zhzl.jpg

DSC_6288_zpsfwedkcyg.jpg

then lastly the exhausts, these where like I said earlier the now OOP Two mikes resin items and they look great, and fit excellent as well. only down side is that the rods that are in the set are tool long...so I opted for the kit ones and altered them to fit the resin parts...I'm going to remove the little rods and get them doubled up....

DSC_6283_zps8u8e089q.jpg

All for now

hope to have more later

Cheers guys

Edited by stusbke

Bay 5 on that aircfrsft is white

You have a picture to proof this. Was thinking the same but any jet build before 1980 had green bays according to my ref jakes book..as this is kinda a big difference I'd like to have some proof of that statement...

Cheers Fred

You have a picture to proof this. Was thinking the same but any jet build before 1980 had green bays according to my ref jakes book..as this is kinda a big difference I'd like to have some proof of that statement...

Cheers Fred

Welcome to the Big Eagle Group Build!  It looks like you are well on your way, so I'll be checking for your updates as I SLOWLY build mine.

You are right about Bay 5 being green.  78-494 is definitely before 1980, but the odd one was re-painted white later during maintenance.  I would stick with green to be safe.

Cheers,

Chuck

while the debate is still on the bay5 colour....mind is definitely leaning towards green....haven't seen any pictures showing otherwise.....I spend the most of the day trying out something new here.....

Learned a few tricks and I'm now sure I can tackle a few problems I'm going to encounter with the prowler so I'm stoked to say the least... :party0023:

I blame Serge Seanen for this one  :evil_laugh:  but I like to open up the odd panel and to be honest crew chiefs always have this one opened up before take off so I was eager to get this one done..I'm talking about the comm door and panel that pulls out it holds tons of detail but it really add the little extra IMHO...

on to the pictures, that's a standard scalpel blade holder in the pictures to give idea of the size....

DSC_6307_zpsmbcuvo41.jpg

DSC_6306_zpsbuxsbejt.jpg

installed on the model

DSC_6309_zpsqjhhlwsa.jpg

DSC_6308_zpsbdhl4kuk.jpg

pretty stoked just looked seems I knocked off the two knobs on the top right hand side easy fix, still need to add the wire bundle but doing that when I'm working on the seat belts later on...

Cheers guys

Frederick Jacobs