AMS Resin F4U-2 radar pod DONE!

Harold

Ok, all bits sent to Harold to see what if anything can be done. I have my wing and pod back and looks very good. But Harold is still refining the pod. Here is what he sent me......Harv

20160807_132936_zpsl0hekpho.jpg

20160807_132959_zpsacbs4qcu.jpg

Bottom

20160807_133011_zps2qepkyab.jpg

Looks good to me...hahaha..I added a bit more length so that the fairing is extended. It is in rubber right now. Thanks for posting Harv.

I took Davids advice and built up the top fairing slightly and fixed the sides, it pulled well this morning, I will pour a couple more and if they are good, I will call this part DONE.

Harv and David will have one soon. I found a cool (or hot) way of making them fit really tight to the wing, nuke a cup of water for two minutes, dip most of it, holding by the dome, in the hot water for about 30 seconds, then quickly push it over the leading edge of the wing and press it down until it cools, just a few seconds. It should fit like a glove....

IMG_2914_zps9obnrxxt.jpg

IMG_2913_zpss5ik5lbf.jpg

Edited by Harold

Did you compare the exhaust with the pic on the LS sheet ?. Can you post pics of both bomb racks and see what members think ? ( I lost one of the sway braces)....Harv

Did you compare the exhaust with the pic on the LS sheet ?. Can you post pics of both bomb racks and see what members think ? ( I lost one of the sway braces)....Harv

I will in the morning. They are so totally different in size.

Yes, after looking a little bit closer, they aren't that bad.