BarracudaCast BR32168: Bf 109G Underwing Cannon Gunboats

LSP_Kevin

I chose not to, Doug, mainly due to time constraints (posting this now while at a family event). You're free to be unhappy about that. Personally, I trust Roy to get that right (or right enough), and build threads are a much better mechanism for establishing fit parameters anyway. But of course, you're assuming I even have the target kit to test with.

Kev

Fair enough, but I would think a review would tell me more than I can get from looking at the pics on the manufacturer's website. Perhaps calling it "News" would be more appropriate?

Fair enough, but I would think a review would tell me more than I can get from looking at the pics on the manufacturer's website. Perhaps calling it "News" would be more appropriate?

It's a fair point, Doug, but reviewing very simple items like this doesn't leave you with a lot to talk about (wheel sets are much the same). Unless there's something obviously wrong at first sight, there's just not much to say, and testing them on a build is the only practical way to assess them more completely. You're right in that I probably should have taken things to the test-fit stage, but if I didn't have the target kit in my stash, then that simply becomes impossible, and a moot point. I'll certainly take it on board and see what I can do next time.

Kev

Besides the boots, at least I am sure they will have the correct length as the kits ones are noticeably too short and this asked for time-consuming surgery to correct...

This set is intended for Revell kit that has no gun pods what so ever.

Hi guy's

I thought I should flick in a few things that might straight out some things and questions regarding these "gun boats".

I designed them mainly for the Revell kit and as I don't have a set yet I can't say the fit for the hasegawa kit.

I had the print in my hands when I sculpted the boot covers..unfortunately I forgot to test fit to thr Hasegawa wing, but unless the wing profile differs a lot I don't thing there will me any major issue to adjust the fit if needed. :-)

There was a question regarding the length and this is an issue with the ones in the Hasegawa kit, they are to short and these upgrades adresses this..this was the first thing I wanted to fix with the design.

Also sculpt the gun-boot covers.

I must give a lot of credit to Radu and his great drawings in the ADH publishing on Building the Revell 109 G6, I also found some good pics that was very useful :-)

Regards/ Gunnar

Edited by Gunnar J