Sign in to follow this  
ZachP319

African Skyraiders

Any chance you might scale up your old African Skyraiders sheet to 1/32. I have it in 1/48 but would love to do one of the Chadian or Gabon birds in large scale.do one

Zach

Edited by ZachP319

What about decals for VNAF skyraiders?

There's a big gap in 1/32 scale for these markings, I'd certainly buy a sheet but not sure if they're viable on their own?

Perhaps a mix of USAF and VNAF would sell better for any manufacturer that did them.

Well, I think they would sell as they are among the most colorful schemes ever put on Skyraiders and they are historically significant.

I already proposed SVNAF markings to Eli including a set encompassing as well the T-6, Bearcat and F-5E. However, this is only my modeller's view. Eli combines his own modeller's view with a business one. I fully respect this. Finally, he is the guy who takes the risks with his own money and in any case he goes on filling many holes in large scale. There are few other companies doing the same at this pace!

In any case, if Zotz does not release SVNAF decals, others will do as AOA confirmed their intention to release such a set at some step.

Last, I guess the situation will still evolve with the release of other planes used by the SVNAF like the Roden O-1 and O-2.

Yes, a big decision,but as with model kits,the first one there gets the sales of all of the current demand rather than a shared portion!

I hope someone does them, you're right, there were some stunning markings on those VNAF aircraft back in the day. 

In any case, if Zotz does not release SVNAF decals, others will do as AOA confirmed their intention to release such a set at some step.

Last, I guess the situation will still evolve with the release of other planes used by the SVNAF like the Roden O-1 and O-2.

As Thiery stated, VNAF A-1s were/are my planned next 1/32 sheet. I have more than enough great references already to cover a sheet only for VNAF Skyraiders covering camo and grey schemes. I just need to knock out the artwork but I'm now slowwed down on my new releases at the moment for summer, among other things. I may pick them up in a month or so. If Eli does them first then I'm not sure yet what I'll do. I got a few new VNAF O-1s to cover since I did the 1/72 and 1/48 sheets, when/if Roden kit comes out I hope to add the new ones when I release the sheet in 1/32.

Well, there we are then!

When can we expect those Skyraider  markings from AoA?

You have a sale here already!