1/24 scale conversion for the FW190D-13 now available

JRutman

I just received my D13 upgrade from Grey Matters, and I have to say, Job Well DONE!!!.  

The pictures on the facebook site don't do this justice, just wonderful work, all the fine rivet details are there, so the match to the Trumpeter parts are perfect.  The only thing you might want to add is a bit of rivet work to the cowling, which is STRAIGHT. 

Many thanks to both Grey Matters, (wonderful resin and casting), and JR Rutman, for his great job in creation of the masters, JR, they are just beautiful. 

Edit:  Also very well packed, no damage during overseas shipping. 

No photobucket account, will try to get some shots up on flicker later. 

Paul C 

Edited by Paul2660

Not sure on total built. But Yellow 10 is IMO probably one the most famous German aircraft from WWII. It was a D13. 

There was also the D11 which had more firepower, but again not sure of total numbers built of either variant. 

Did fly in combat then went through years of mistreatment only to be refubrubishws back to true form. Now on display with correct wings.

The Jerry Crandall second Vol on the D9 has an entire chapter in yellow 10 they also published just the info on Yellow 10 in a separate small book.

Quite a unique aircraft and an amazing paint scheme which reflects the condition the German Air Force was in at the end of WWII.

Paul C

Edited by Paul2660

Good to learn Paul!

I really hope that you build this thing soon and put up your progress on the site here.  I threw away my donor kit during my recent huge house cleaning of my work space so I won't get to build one anytime soon. It will be impressive in this big scale as the cammo job and markings on yellow 10 are very striking.

As this was an interim airframe between the D-9 series and the Ta152 not a lot were built but they did see some combat with the Green Hearts for sure. The only D-11 I have seen pics of was a wreck on the ground in a post war dump. It would have been used as more of an anti-bomber airframe as the extra 30mm guns with ammo were quite heavy. The German pilots were not fans of the heavy fighters for obvious self survival reasons.

This project was a long time coming and a personal favorite of mine so I hope you guys enjoy it!  BTW,Tim also has some nice legs for this aircraft.

J

I just received my D13 upgrade from Grey Matters, and I have to say, Job Well DONE!!!.  

The pictures on the facebook site don't do this justice, just wonderful work, all the fine rivet details are there, so the match to the Trumpeter parts are perfect.  The only thing you might want to add is a bit of rivet work to the cowling, which is STRAIGHT. 

Many thanks to both Grey Matters, (wonderful resin and casting), and JR Rutman, for his great job in creation of the masters, JR, they are just beautiful. 

Edit:  Also very well packed, no damage during overseas shipping. 

No photobucket account, will try to get some shots up on flicker later. 

Paul C 

Thank you, Paul, for your very kind words and patience during this project,

Tim

Good to learn Paul!

I really hope that you build this thing soon and put up your progress on the site here.  I threw away my donor kit during my recent huge house cleaning of my work space so I won't get to build one anytime soon. It will be impressive in this big scale as the cammo job and markings on yellow 10 are very striking.

As this was an interim airframe between the D-9 series and the Ta152 not a lot were built but they did see some combat with the Green Hearts for sure. The only D-11 I have seen pics of was a wreck on the ground in a post war dump. It would have been used as more of an anti-bomber airframe as the extra 30mm guns with ammo were quite heavy. The German pilots were not fans of the heavy fighters for obvious self survival reasons.

This project was a long time coming and a personal favorite of mine so I hope you guys enjoy it!  BTW,Tim also has some nice legs for this aircraft.

J

Thanks, again, Jerry.

Though I don't think MY legs (short,fat and hairy) would support this kit, Jerry's set surely would!

Tim