Out2gtcha

Definative F2G Conversion?

I know i'm the dissenting voice here. i agree that we could use a decent 32nd scale F2G Conversion, but I think the Revell kit is still a pretty good starting point to launch an F2G off of.

In terms of outline and proportions its still pretty good ( The after fuselage is a little short in the extreme aft fuselage and the stabs have a weird swept-forward elevator hinge line). There's a lot on an F4U-1A that needs to be discarded to make an F2G. The induction air/ oil cooler inlets on the Revell kit are terrible, but they'd need to be cut away and replaced regardless.

The undercarriage is pretty lackluster as well, but it can be easily upgraded with G-Factor Landing gear struts and Barracuda Studios resin wheels.

Also AFAIK the F2Gs had a cockpit with a floor, so that would need to be included as well.

Finally, considering how little the Revell Corsair kit costs, it represents a "low risk" project in case it doesn't work out.

Rodney Williams really got screwed over for his efforts making the F2G conversion, and i still don't fully understand the circumstances which surrounded that debacle (i've only heard one side of the story). I do recall it had a LOT of parts, and it was difficult to mass produce.

I will say Rodney still probably the one best single repository of knowledge on the F2Gs. I bought him a Tamiya Corsair and i'm hoping he'll get to finish it.

Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

david

I'd be in for two F2G conversions too.

I'd pre-pay upfront.

I'd do the same.

Bob

So is there any light at the end of the tunnel for there to be a chance to see one of these come from the awesome work of Mr. Fisher? Come on people we NEED one of these please!

Cheers,

Brady

Edited by MustangManiac

Im not sure if there is any hope or not. Sometimes hope is all we have.......................

That being said, I pulled out my XS models conversion, and that is just barely ahead of scratching your own F2G out of thin air.   Still it is a start though. 

Im not sure if there is any hope or not. Sometimes hope is all we have.......................

That being said, I pulled out my XS models conversion, and that is just barely ahead of scratching your own F2G out of thin air.   Still it is a start though. 

The thing with it is, once you discard all the unusable parts from the kit (like the entire engine IMHO), look at what is left, then contemplate how much you paid for the kit.....it does not sit well.

Even most of the "usable" parts are very poorly done.

Still....I managed to wind up with an F2G ....and I doubt I would have ever done it from scratch...so.... I guess there's that.