HpH Models SB2C-4 Helldiver Build Thread 7/4 Details

LSP_Paul

They won't let me check it out unless I disable my adblock for them, so I didn't bother.

Kevin

That's what I usually do, too, but the ads are not intrusive at all. It's really worth seeing. Typical outstanding build by Chuk.

Cheers,

D.B.

I e-mailed Ernie and he responded within hours. He said he is doing another production run of a few days. Go for it!

Same here, I've secured a set. Thanks guys.

Kevin

That's what I usually do, too, but the ads are not intrusive at all. It's really worth seeing. Typical outstanding build by Chuk.

Cheers,

D.B.

I could not agree more - I don't even notice the ads and the work is spectacular. (as you would expect)

Hello Gentlemen!

It has been put to my attention that a number of you are looking for my Helldiver landing gear set. I will be making the next batch this week. If you are interested in obtaining a set, the cost is $20 and $3 for domestic shipping and $8 for foreign orders. You can Paypal me at gfactormodels@aol.com for prompt payment. These will include an axle for the tire as the original has nothing. 

Thanks!

Ernie Gee

gfactormodels@aol.com 

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul and everyone else here (newbee)

Great thread and the only information I can find anywhere at this point in terms of a build log. Thank you for putting this up!

I have just started on my HPH SBC2-4, it seems like a great kit and with a few exceptions something that with some care will turn out pretty nice. I'm not an expert modeler but feel comfortable tackling this beast, a friend of mine's grandfather flew an SC2C-4, so I hope to make this for her and then work out how to send it from Denmark to Georgia intact. 

I have a question and an observation if I may.

Observation: The parts don't all match up with the instructions, one (part 60) appears to have been removed/new mold created and a few others which I can detail if requested are mixed up. Most are different enough looking that it shouldn't cause a problem, however parts 67 and 72 are tagged the wrong way round and could lead to confusion. I'm cleaning the parts up in the order they show up in the instructions in order to get familiar with everything before I start building, so I've only discovered a small number of issues so far. I guess the main thing is to ensure you check everything thrice and then a few more times. 

Question

Have you completed the seats and their PE, I'd love to see a complete example before I tackle these?

I'm sure there will be more as I move through the different stages, I'll be working on it while making others as I think this will be one that I'll need a break from, from time to time.

Best

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, before blaming a kit, you sure realise there are plenty of other events in life that can take you off the bench (spaeking from a prime point of view here ;) ) ?

Paul and Teresa have not only been off modelling recently, but also been very quiet overall here on LSP. I wish everything is OK with them, and they are just busy with other obligations.

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

Currently I am waiting for fuselage and rocket replacements as both turned out to be damaged on further inspection. Ernie's undercarriage is also on it's way.

How did you go about getting a hold of the HPH for the replacements? all but one of mine are broken.

• 5 weeks later...

That's my L-29. It was a delightful build, once I got the fuselage halves sorted out. They sent me two halves that weren't the same length, so my first wonderful experience with HpH was getting a brand new fuselage set sent, so I could move on. And it went together brilliantly

Matt  :frantic:

• 1 month later...

My WnW Snipe arrived minus the clear parts, as with HPH they did send me the replacements - but the first time they sent replacement pe - which I didn't need .. overall that took two months and was also an expensive kit, however it was also an amzing and truely challenging kit to build

.. I think it's more likely that we see errors when it's not mass made, computers processing parts do a more consistent job of it. Or I may well have just had a run of bad luck.

John B .. good to know your's look fine. I would suggest, if I may, that you spend a the time going through matching parts to the kit instructions. It took a few days in between other things and that particular sheet from part 59 onwards was confusing for me compared to the instructions. In part this also could be that the shots for the parts list are top down which can make them harder to match up when you look at them in context. I think it was also beneficial in terms of getting used to the kit and working out which parts of the instructions to do in different orders than suggested..