HK Models Meteor Mk 4 with Profimodeller Derwent Engine

Dpgsbody55

Here is my rendition of Hong Kong Models Gloster to which I've also added a Profimodeller RR Derwent in the left wing, and a cockpit detail set from Eduard.  The model has taken me about 3 months to finish and I'm pleased with the result.  I hope HKM or another quality company will produce some more of these early jets as they are a fascinating subject and there are lots of gaps in available kits.

064_01_zpsvnlcsuvo.jpg

065_01_zpscluu8p8y.jpg

066_01_zpsxfwsxhxw.jpg

011_01_zpspqvgijit.jpg

008_01_zpsgzwpfvjn.jpg

019_01_zpsoyydodqj.jpg

035_01_zpsv9yw5s90.jpg

034_01_zpsn7irwbtv.jpg

036_01_zpsdctxndey.jpg

054_01_zpspj3tuqfy.jpg

More on this build can be found under the "Works in Progress" forum.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=62862

Cheers,

Michael

Thank you, gentlemen.  It's been an enjoyable build, with the possible exception of the engine, but that turned out well and I want another go at it.  So I am now rounding up all the components I want for me next Meteor build, which will probably be next year.

As for what I'll do next, I don't yet know.  I'm leaning towards a Tamiya kit, as I have 3 Spitfires and 2 Corsairs in my stash.  My new years resolution was to have less kits in my stash by this years end, but I'm not doing well with that.  I've completed 2 kits so far this year, but I have 2 on order, and I also want the SH Yak 3 when it's released.  But this is probably a familiar story....

Cheers,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.  I'm starting to assemble the components for the next Meteor.  The HKM kit has arrived (think I got the last one in Aus :) ) and I've just ordered a conversion kit from Fisher Model & Pattern.  I will also add the engine to this build, and I hope to get started on this in the new year.  My model building has been confined almost exclusively to WW2 piston engine fighters, but I'm finding these post war jets intriguing now.  Hope there are more releases!!

If I can get my fingers to warm up (hate winter, and this is a cold one this year), I'll get on with my next build.  I said in a previous post that I'd likely start on a Tamiya Spitfire or Corsair, but have decided on neither.  All will be revealed if I can get a bit more done before I start a new WIP thread.

Cheers,

Michael