AIMS Ju388 L1 conversion - Finished!

Wouter

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

no build update yet, but still got something to share. On LSM forum Brian Silcox very kindly provided some excellent pictures from the one surviving Ju388 at NASM. With his permission I post these here too for everyone to use as reference. The best picture is the one from the radio operator, at an angle Pastor John didn't have when designing his conversion. Needless to say, I'm very happy with that one!

Enjoy, cheers Wouter

0wBGqnw.jpg

WIPx5uz.jpg

l3trSjp.jpg

OgPt3Dx.jpg

Edit: there was a problem with the links. I updated two of them, the other will be restored when I can get back too the pictures.

Edited by Wouter

Very nice build, and thanks Wouter for the pictures !

Does anybody know what are the small disks (they looks like they were made of white rubber?) on the canopy panels?

Edited by Zero77

Those are plastic with white knurled edges used to screw the halves together. The inside faces of them are perforated, and they contain a desicant to remove moisture of the pressurization system.  Also seen in the Focke-Wulf Ta 152H.  Seems they needed a solution to canopy fogging.

• 4 months later...

Hi, it's still on my bench but in december I have become father once again. As you can imagine, there's not much time left to build at the moment. But fear not, once things settle down a little I will pick up construction!