AIMS Ju388 L1 conversion - Finished!

Wouter

Thanks gents

It would be so perfect without the belly bulge.  I know.  I know...  Facts is facts. 

Nice work, Wouter.

Gaz

There where a few build without the belly pan, mostly prototypes. You could go with that if you want to. Personally I like the belly pan, I think without it looks rather skinny. But probably faster without one  :piliot: .

Anyway, topside camo is done. Some minor touch up necessary, but nothing serious. I'm still in doubt on how to finish. Late war paint was notoriously bad and faded quick, so I could go two ways; factory fresh or abondoned in the field for some time... Like to hear some opninions!

Cheers, Wouter

Sorry, bad pic. i'll keep the good ones for when I'm finished :P .

XOVnvYf.jpg?2

Edited by Wouter

I like the camo results very much! That late war camo looks really great on there.

Id go with somewhere in the middle.....................being weathered but not too much.  Like it just got done flying its last mission, but has not yet suffered the rigors of abandonment. 

Wouter... all the Life photos of 388s looked pretty fresh, but they were taken in bombed factory hangars. None of them could have had many missions flown. Looking excellent!