Tamiya 1/35 M21 halftrack "Vive La France"

lawman56

Since I've been slacking in the LSP construction lately, mostly due to a remodel of my garage/man cave, I figured I'd at least post a picture of my most recently completed diorama. To be honest, I don't know if I've ever actually posted any of my work. This is the Tamiya M21 mortar carrier, with a modified crew, on it's way through a village in France.

20150915_174837-1_zps79pplueq.jpg20150915_174712-1_zpsd5yqp28n.jpg20150915_174732-1_zpsugzv1vjv.jpg

Excellent, love the detail, extra straps and superb painting, well done.

I often wonder about the wisdom of tyres on the front as they cut down visibility, though not as much as when they drop the armour. we used to have land rovers in the RAF and used to chuck them in the back as you couldn't see squat over them

Excellent, love the detail, extra straps and superb painting, well done.

I often wonder about the wisdom of tyres on the front as they cut down visibility, though not as much as when they drop the armour. we used to have land rovers in the RAF and used to chuck them in the back as you couldn't see squat over them

I put a lot of thought into that before I mounted it there. We had a similar issue in Desert Storm with our Humm-Vee spares. The 1st generation had no tire rack on the rear, and we couldn't mount them to the rear hatch, (would interfere with the hatch locks), and there was no place inside with all the ammo and gear, so we mounted them on the hood, but off-set as I did here. My driver figured it would double as an impromptu sandbag of sorts.

I tried to put it as close to the right edge as possible. This keeps the fighting compartment clear, gives additional small arms protection, and allows decent forward visibility.

Besides, it gave me an excuse to have a standing figure! :P

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm slowly incorporating my attention to detail into my aircraft builds. Since my garage/man cave is currently undergoing a remodel, (which will allow me to add my second hobby of HO railroading to the fold), I'll try to go through and see what I may have posted of my builds.

On a side note, so far my aircraft displays are the typical "sitting on the flight line" kind of thing. I'm going to attempt changing that by adding a little bit at a time.