I always wanted to build one, actually , not always, I believe since the First Bush War.  So I started studying the engineering of this plane and it is nuts, true Science fiction for it's time. The wing itself is absolute aeronautical marvel. No sharp edges, no flat places just a variable flow moving at every angle.

And Paul if you want to stand out with this build, do not forget to distress a hell out of it, please...........and thank you  :punk:

_MG_3084.jpg

Hmmm....that is how my wing would look if I tried to make it smooth!

Looking forward to this one, Paul!!!

I'm sorry I can't help but find this funny :)

Is that why Marines are so tough?

U.S._Marines_with_Marine_Attack_Squadron

I mean, most of us would have used a wheeled cart but not the marines :)

I'll take a seat and follow this one, I always wanted to do a 1/32 Harrier.

Edited by red Dog

Gosh I hope this is the build where somebody fixes the "kinky part" on that terrible leading edge of the wing.

Chuck

So do I Chuck,

So far I've dry fit the forward fuselage parts, the Aires sets require absolutely no modification. If you take your time test fitting the parts, you will find that only some of the pegs inside the fuselage designed to trap the plastic parts need modification. The two that trap the cockpit floor are removed and 4 of them that need to be about half their length so the nose wheel gear bay fits snug. I'll be getting to the wings after I get the fuselage and all its fun parts wrapped up. :)

Thanks for looking in, pics later today. 

Paul

Hmmm....that is how my wing would look if I tried to make it smooth!

Looking forward to this one, Paul!!!

Thank you Ray, I am making some great progress today so far, that could only mean "somebody" in the house has something else for me to do and I haven't found out yet!  :frantic:

Im gonna keep going and I'm taking pics to post later tonight.

Paul 

is the nose correct in this kit?

I would say, its better! The Harrier II+ with its radome makes it a lot less noticeable, but the FLIR box above it in front of the windshield is to narrow in width, looks like a bit of plastic scabbed on the sides and faired in should sort that bit nicely.

Thanks for following along, hope have construction pics up a bit later.

Paul