A-6A Intruder Trumpeter 1/32

Swan-neck

Hello to everyone.

I'd like to share with You guys my new Huge project.

The Big A-6A from Trumpeter.

I'd like to build the same one narrated in the book "Flight of the Intruder" : "Devil 505".

This is my aim, now I hope to shoot near the target ^_^ ^_^

My intent is to build it OOB.

Ok, now few presentation photos:

BOX-02_zpsc4b6lgsd.jpg

I started from engines.

Before and after

ENGINE-01_zps0cuozovn.jpg

First engine almost finished

ENGINE-03_zpspgdycfbp.jpg

ENGINE-02_zpspysmoei6.jpg

ENGINE-04_zpsnhvzslok.jpg

Than I started to work on the intake!!!!

Sand, sand, sand, sand

INTAKE-01_zpsfaiym9it.jpg

INTAKE-02_zpsgqk3vf4w.jpg

INTAKE-03_zps8imonf7i.jpg

INTAKE-05_zpsjqurrfpj.jpg

Thanks guys for your positive comments.

Dear Ziggyfoos, thanks for your help. It is super usefull. For sure I'll buy that decals sheet but I think that the colors of planes are not correct. From several photos I found on web I saw that Intruders of Vietnam era were painted in white ( low surface) and light grey on the upper one. Nose, generaly were black.

Said that thanks a lot again.

Ciao

Lu

Thanks guys for your positive comments.

Dear Ziggyfoos, thanks for your help. It is super usefull. For sure I'll buy that decals sheet but I think that the colors of planes are not correct. From several photos I found on web I saw that Intruders of Vietnam era were painted in white ( low surface) and light grey on the upper one. Nose, generaly were black.

Said that thanks a lot again.

Ciao

Lu

You're referring to the "real" A-6A, in that case I suggest the actual VA-196 markings:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=1688

The ones I previously linked to are from the movie, as mentioned they are "fake" schemes and only applicable to movie which were A-6E TRAM backdated to sorta resemble the Vietnam period A-6A.

In any case, if you're going with a more historically accurate looking Flight of the Intruder VA-196 scheme, their noses would've been white in 1972.

You're referring to the "real" A-6A, in that case I suggest the actual VA-196 markings:http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=1688The ones I previously linked to are from the movie, as mentioned they are "fake" schemes and only applicable to movie which were A-6E TRAM backdated to sorta resemble the Vietnam period A-6A.In any case, if you're going with a more historically accurate looking Flight of the Intruder VA-196 scheme, their noses would've been white in 1972.

Wow. Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Ciao

Lu