Mig 21 MF " Djibouti air force "

alain11

Hi 

I don(t know if this build is at the good place , I even don't know if there is a right place for such :hmmm:  .....stuff. but it doesn't matter ( moderators will change or cancel this post) .....Well first , a little bit of history 

In April 16 2008 , the small Republic of Djibouti accused his ......"rumbustious" neighbour( erythrea) of having installed fortifications along the commun border , and of having edited maps including a part of his territory , namely the cape of Doumera ( already in 1996 , Djibouti had the same " troubles " with Erythera ) ... Djibouti lodged a complain with the UN , will follow sporadic skirmishes from 10 till 13 of June ( source Wikipedia) .........now , here is the part of my little story :..... ...following these events ,the government decided to purchase with an ex "East block " power , an handful of old Mig 21 , to face the Mig 29 , and especially the powerful SU 27 .....once overhauled , and freshly repainted , mechanics decided to paint an agressive crooked smile , maybe a tribute to the French F100 based here during the seventies  ....from time to time , Mig's flown by "instructors" make high speed  very low level flight , just to be heard ...in case of .....................so , what if , or why not ??????? ......enjoy , or not 

Alain

211.jpg

311.jpg

411.jpg

511.jpg

611.jpg

812.jpg

1011.jpg
Edited by alain11

I'm not very into the "what if" concept, but i have to admit that this one looks great !

I love the color scheme, the roundels, and the big mouth. Very good Alain !

If i remember correctly, it's not your first Mig-21? Did you not already build a czech one?

Hi gents 

thank you for your interest and kind comments , I have to confess that I hesitated to post a "what if " , but after, all who dare win ...I wanted a quick build , no extra details , just a .....good paint job . of course , this is the Trumpy kit .....

I'm not very into the "what if" concept, but i have to admit that this one looks great !

I love the color scheme, the roundels, and the big mouth. Very good Alain !

If i remember correctly, it's not your first Mig-21? Did you not already build a czech one?

well , I am not really a what if guy too , but first , I like odd camo , and big bad smile , when I first saw this profile I was caught . if you are interested , or just for the fun , take a look at the " Richard chafer's " profiles  , you will  find plenty of crazy colourful camo , .....be inspired !!!!

This is my second mig, I built the first years ago , and never posted it , I painted it as an Egyptian with big orange identifications markings

thank you for watching

Alain

http://studiogekko.blogspot.fr/

Edited by alain11

This is a cool MiG-21 in a very attractive camouflage. I really like it. I have a small comment on the UB-32 rocket launcher pods, their back ends are a helicopter type. The ones used on a jet fighter are normally full conical back end without the distinctive cut out. The MiG-21 generally carried UB-16 pods on the inner pylons, and in case UB-32 were carried a piece of landing gear doors was removed. However all these are in an ideal world by following the book. In these conflicts such as Eritrea, Djibouti etc, the users hung just about any conceivable weapon on it as long as it worked, so this is in no way serious criticism of your exceptionally well built model it is just a just a side note. The Trumpeter model is not the easiest to put together, so you have done beautifully. Thanks for sharing.  :goodjob: