WNW Roland D.VIa

Hagar

What I am attempting at the moment. Unfortunately I havent been getting as much done as I would like although I have a perfect record for starts. Maybe 10% record for done.

Roland%20D.VIa%203612~18,%20Hans%20Jungw

I dont agree with Ronny Bars interpretation though so it will be all around blue as the lighter colour underneath his is attributed to reflection off the snow. Also this interpretation has Hans' markings overpainted because he got a Fokker D.VII but I am going to do it as original.

DSC06398.JPG

DSC06399.JPG

DSC06400.JPG

DSC06401.JPG

DSC06402.JPG

DSC06404.JPG

DSC06415.JPG

James

DSC06417.JPG

DSC06419.JPG

Well very late or very early I got the control cables on. 2lb test .013mm fishing line. I used a silver sharpie to colour the lines. Added the rudder bars a step after which made things a bit of a pain. Also have the seat started. Just need to do the shellac and some mild weather on it. Didn't get back to the engine but maybe today. And again not a lot to see.

DSC06422.JPG

DSC06423.JPG

DSC06424.JPG

Oh and still need to install the throttle cable and trigger cables to the stick and paint the throttles and grip wood. Also used some very nice Aviattic decals to make the cloth screen on the rear bulkhead. Some very very fine wire stripped from a small computer fan was inserted into a small hole drilled in the small pump on the right side framework. Need to drill out the larger fuel pump and install the wire from a larger fan and then mount ti. Lastly a shutter handle needs to be made and mounted on the left which was strangely left out of the kit even though very visible.