Wingnut Wings FE-2b (Late).

Jeff T

Hi all,

I have been working on the Wingnut Wings FE-2b for a while now and have just finished up the bulk of the cockpit and engine, so thought I would start a WIP on it.

This is my second WW1 aircraft model, the first being the Wingnuts Albatros, which I was very happy with how it turned out.I was in a big modelling slump and needed a real challenge to get me out of it, so I decided on the FE-2b.

I'm not totally sure my skills are up to completing this, as the rigging looks very complex, so the build could end at any time, but hopefully I can see it through.

Anyway, here are some pics as to where I am up to at the moment.

qkcfXii.jpg

Yom3pMX.jpg

sg1LFfb.jpg

wyDqgSf.jpg

uWzd3iG.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68

Love the mottled effect on the aluminium tanks! Is that 'salt', or careful brushwork?   Looking really nice overall!

Tim

Thanks a lot Tim!

The tank was done by airbrushing an Alclad Aluminium colour on, then dabbing some Humbrol Maskol on with a fine sponge, then airbrushing another shade of Alclad Aluminium on, then peeling the Maskol off to reveal the previous shade underneath.The whole tank was then given a very thin coat of Vallejo black to tone it all down a bit.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Guest Peterpools

Jeff

WOW, what a start. From where I sit, don't worry about your modeling skills, they are easily up to the task

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Very nice looking 'woodwork' Jeff. Almost looks like mahogany furniture. And the 'metalwork' is similarly outstanding.

It's apparently too late now, and in any case my DH9 and F2b are daunting enough for me at present, but I'd have liked to build an FE2b and a DH2 in tandem just to see what the differences are!

William, Peter,Phil, Tim's, Kevin and Chek, thanks a lot for looking in and commenting fella's, very much appreciated!

Well, I've made some more progress this week, getting the inside of the fuselage painted and then both sides attached around the cockpit.

Photos aren't the best, just taken at the desk with the desk lamps, but here's where I'm up to now.

lFzVutS.jpg

fdmSoL0.jpg

J2tgpa4.jpg

5eOOXJP.jpg

RT98p6W.jpg

Ok, thats it for now, next up is cleaning up some seams on the fuselage.

Thanks for looking,

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68