fastzx

Thunderbird and Blue Angel planes crash today

Interesting, I have begun to see some grumblings around the internet that perhaps htere was no fire associated with the TBird crash that perhaps the jet was bingo fuel.

I doubt it, no external tanks help. I've seen two jets have their pilots eject at the end of the runway when there jet wouldn't rotate, both were at full take-off speed, only one burned but was rebuilt to fly again. Both had a full fuel load.

Ironically it was the same jet both times. It has two ejection seat markings on the airframe, because it is the only jet in the world to fly again after two ejections.

I have not commented on this yet, as the USN and the BAs have a special place in my heart, and it pains me to think Capt. Kuss gave his life so that fewer if any people would be killed on the ground.

This got to me - Geico SkyTypers MM Tribute - 

https://www.facebook.com/newschannel5/videos/10153607782782548/?pnref=story

Edited by Out2gtcha

The Thunderbird F-16 crash-landed sliding on its belly to a stop.

The photos show it lost the nose and canopy but otherwise shows little damage.

Of course the damage may be more extensive to those doing the inspection on site.

I think it's probably cheaper to replace it with one from the Bone Yard in Arizona than to try to restore this aircraft.

Guest Smitty44

I haven't followed this because of the hype and speculation. I read that the Thunderbird jet is salvageable and will fly again? I find that had o believe...

Ya sorry I added to that some, but with both happening on the same day you can't help but scratch you head.

Guest Smitty44

T Birds are resuming their show schedule this coming weekend.

Ironically it was the same jet both times. It has two ejection seat markings on the airframe, because it is the only jet in the world to fly again after two ejections.

Which airframe is this?

must have been something weird in airshow country since the russians also lost a Flanker and the Patrouille de Suisse lost a F5E Tiger II while rehearsing the airforce open days at Leeuwarden Airbase in the Netherlands.......

Edited by Jack