Thunderbird and Blue Angel planes crash today

fastzx

I really hope it wasent due to budget not allowing aircraft replacement. A life is so much more valuable

"funny" you should mention this, for a couple of weeks ago i saw a really good documentary on the Angels (come to think of it, it was on youtube), and all aspects of this team were shown, from ground personnel to the aviators and all in between, and one scene caught my attention where a crewchief was very proud of his and their jets mentioning the fact that "their effort in maintaining perfect operations was "despite the fact that the navy would let them only have "obsolete" aircraft that were pulled off the line"...........

Edited by Jack

Sad to hear, three aeroplanes crashes in a day, this so soon after the P-47 into the Hudson river.

Thoughts and prayers go out to both families who lost a loved one................Blue skies Gentlemen, for you both.............................

"funny" you should mention this, for a couple of weeks ago i saw a really good documentary on the Angels (come to think of it, it was on youtube), and all aspects of this team were shown, from ground personnel to the aviators and all in between, and one scene caught my attention where a crewchief was very proud of his and their jets mentioning the fact that "their effort in maintaining perfect operations was "despite the fact that the navy would let them only have "obsolete" aircraft that were pulled off the line"...........

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/3062/70-percent-of-the-us-marines-fa-18-fighter-jets-cant-fly

They will not perform at the airshow.

Very appropriate and respectful.

RIP

It's a bit strange to me.

When they won't perform it's respectful.  

When they do it's..."what he would have wanted"

It's a bit strange to me.

When they won't perform it's respectful.

When they do it's..."what he would have wanted"

I dont see a problem with the logic to be honest ... who cares whether they show their respect by flying vs not flying? The death of a teammate is a profound and enormous thing - how they demonstrate their respect need only make sense to them, and the family of the departed.

Just my $0.02.

Jim

Edited by ClumsyDude

Both the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels will be standing down until investigations into both "mishaps" are investigated.

Both teams also have to bring in replacement pilots and get them up to speed. Usually a former teammate.

Guest Smitty44

Both the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels will be standing down until investigations into both "mishaps" are investigated.

Both teams also have to bring in replacement pilots and get them up to speed. Usually a former teammate.

Thunderbirds pilot is ok and will resume flying with the team.

Guest Smitty44

Interesting, I have begun to see some grumblings around the internet that perhaps htere was no fire associated with the TBird crash that perhaps the jet was bingo fuel. 

Edited by Smitty44

Interesting, I have begun to see some grumblings around the internet that perhaps htere was no fire associated with the TBird crash that perhaps the jet was bingo fuel.

I doubt it, no external tanks help. I've seen two jets have their pilots eject at the end of the runway when there jet wouldn't rotate, both were at full take-off speed, only one burned but was rebuilt to fly again. Both had a full fuel load.

Ironically it was the same jet both times. It has two ejection seat markings on the airframe, because it is the only jet in the world to fly again after two ejections.