Would you Buy a HpH Kingfisher Catapult?

LSP_Kevin

HpH Kingfisher Catapult  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a HpH Kingfisher Catapult?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

People who aren't even buying a Kingfisher should not be voting. You have no horse in this race.

I have to vote "maybe" as it would, as others have said, depend on the pricing. If it is more than the plane itself, then no way. I know it's unlikely, but I would like to see it come in for about half the kit's price or less to make me say "yes".

Absolutely not - way too expensive, especially considering that KH have worked hard to keep the Kingfisher kit cost low.

An expensive, resin catapult would not engender much interest when mated to an IP Kingfisher kit - I'm not sure HpH sold many Ar 196 catapults? 

I voted "maybe", but at the Arado's catapult price point (or even slightly more) that would be "yes".

Although I need to stop sitting on my hands and design the short Vought float version to enlarge the possibilities, especially the yellow wings ones.

Hubert

No  Even if it is injection molded this would be over 35 inches in length. And that is a lot of plastic, photo etch, and after-market in the form of the perimeter stanchions and chain. 

But if they only produce the turn-table section and that portion of the launch deck, I would buy that

I completed the LSM 1/48 P-6 catapult and went all out on the Monogram Kingfisher via everything Meteor had for that kit, i.e., floats, cockpit, engine and engine cowl. I cannot imagine how much a 1/32nd P-6 would weigh if in resin and brass, nor a place to park it. Like I said earlier, a representation of the P-6 cat turntable and that section of the launch deck would be a purchase I could afford on a retirement pension. 

I am willing to wait "IF" LSM says that project is being produced, as (in my mind) that would be the only way to display my Kingfisher.