Curtiss Kittyhawk (P-40E, Hasegawa)

Minor update. But what was done? More weathering for sure. And I'll add more weathering later but it will be very subtle. I planned to get more done this evening, but I spilled white glue to over 1/3 of the model and even into the cockpit. Luckily most of it clean up easily with water and a hair dryer to prevent water spots. I thought I lost this build. The glue did slightly stain the OD, but I followed up with some Dullcote and now it's barely visible.

Felt like I dodged a bullet! (Tamiya Pastels for stains around the cowling and subtle panel discoloration. I tried to blend it in using spongy makeup applicator that looks and feels with what comes with the pastel kit that I bought in bulk!)

8icSi3V.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

Thanks all, I really appreciate and do look forward to your comments....

I painted/weathered the landing gears, landing gear doors and the fuel tank and attached them to the model. I'll need to a little more weathering to match the look of the aircraft. I've yet to touch the exhaust and frankly speaking I'm not looking forward to it! Each exhaust are in halves! 

But I'm getting there and I hope to finish before the weekends out so I can start my first non GB LSP project where I will detail it beyond what's usually in the box! (got another set of prime lens...I like it!)

m3gQ3pH.jpg

DSjLcUD.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI