F-15E --- 1/32 --- Tamiya

Seat and seatbelts - done. Just the same as the pilot seat, and yet slightly different. These pics are at nightlight. Now at daylight the differences (in the seats) are even less noticeable + i kinda "re-weathered" both seats with oil paints to make them more evenly looking.

photo_gfh1.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

Only the buckles are improvised pieces of PE, otherwise the seatbelts are just paper tape, a couple of layers, textured and painted. Then only CA (superglue) for gluing them on the figure, which indeed is gluing paper tape to paper tape, which is very easy and moreover - it is self adhesive paper tape from the one side. The seatbelts are ready and just about everything for the WSO figure, and it`s again nighttime here and i just took a couple of "bad" photos... :) They are gut for an overview tho. During the numerous testfits, before the major gluing:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

And a few more with only one small light pointing at them. Looking at these pics now and wow - the cockpit looks alive. :) This is the first time when i see something similar in this scale... 

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

Edited by F`s are my favs

Voila :) So, after wiring, addition of the full hoses, instruction manuals, one round "thing" on the right side of the pilot seat that i`m not aware of what it is, and some very subtle weathering with oil paints - mostly of the two hoods. Cockpit only:

20161222_112841.jpg

20161222_112814.jpg

20161222_112726.jpg

20161222_112908.jpg

Testfited in the nose and with the front hood and with the canopy frame:

20161222_113325.jpg

20161222_113340.jpg

20161222_113434.jpg

20161222_113412.jpg

20161222_113551.jpg

20161222_113504.jpg

+ canopy and windshield testfited. Actually the fit is just about impeccable with some tension. This is after a simple "plugin in":

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Nice work on the cockpit and figures F.

It maybe too late for this build (or hopefully not) but it is possible to achieve an extremely realistic effect on the HUD combining glass by using irridescent film. This will give the beautiful emerald green like the real deal when viewed from certain angles.

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Thank you! 

About the iridescent film - i saw how it looks on your F-15E geedubelyer, and it`s definitely nice, amazing, wonderful, but to me - it`s just a little bit too much... i mean the brightness of the colors in the different shades. And i don`t know how to dim it - every coat of filter should reduce the transparency Yes, in some photos of the real plane it appears quite contrasting green/ish, but in most photos it is just some subtle shade of green which is even hardly visible in some cases. While for the reddish nuance - i`m just about 100% sure that it comes as a glare from the display right underneath the HUD, cause as far as i know - the projected symbols on the HUD are only green. And thus my idea was to keep the HUD as more transparent as i can, so to capture the reddish nuance from the display below. And yeah... it became not that transparent that i would like... :)

Guest Peterpools

Milan

Insane ... simply insane work I've nearly caught up and needed numerous breaks to fully appreciate the brilliance of the work.

Keep 'em coming

Peter