F-15 I " Ra am"

Babs

Good jobs on all the parts Babs.  Did you ever look at the F-15I conversion kits available from IsraCast (32019) and Wolfpack (32022) ?  I haven't decided which to use in my E to I conversion.  What I need to do is sit down and count the pieces of each, then compare them to see which I want to use The Wolfpack kit has a lot more pieces.  We have no way of knowing what the I cockpits really look like other than the use of black as the interior color. They report it went to black to cut back on spurious shiny flashes when night flying. One other major (?) difference are the twin rear booms at the back jutting out from the fuselage..back by the twin tails.  Those two booms have different shapes and sizes than the E version kits and have to be cut off and replaced for accuracy.There's also a couple of pieces that the IsraCast kit has to update the front landing hear. I;m going to use the fatter Northstar wheel/tire set on the I and then I'm not sure what I will use on the D when I get to it.

Hello Rick,

I do not have the IsraCast kit, is it still available?

I had initially the Wolfpack kit and the old cutting edge (that I bought at very good prices).

I know the Wolfpack is still available, you should take advantage because tomorrow ???

I have already used parts of two sets by choosing the best for me.

If parts I do not like in the two sets? I try to remake them or improve in scratch.

As the tail boom and the Shimmy dampener on the nose gear.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
Hello, a small up after a break.

I do not know if it is noticed by the assemblers of the F-15 Tamiya but there are four holes must be reseal near the air intakes.

It is never mentioned in the different WIP.

So, here it is corrected with plastic card.

img_7616.jpg

img_7615.jpg

img_7614.jpg

img_7613.jpg

Edited by Babs

The windshield poses an adjustment problem, I have often noticed on other constructions that this step had posed finishing problems as the windscreen joined to the fuselage.

I decided to reproduce the framework of windshield as on the photos.

The plastic card also makes it easy to reproduce the different rivets, the difficulty is not to place the glue accidentally on transparant part.

img_7610.jpg

img_7611.jpg

img_7612.jpg

Edited by Babs

Nice updt! The cockpit is awesome with these all-black colors. Btw the holes around the intakes, if I remember justly, the huge piece behind the canopy covers exactly the holes from the upper holes. While the ones from the lower sides are really pretty nasty. It's a great benefit to cover them that way! Awesome!

Nice updt! The cockpit is awesome with these all-black colors. Btw the holes around the intakes, if I remember justly, the huge piece behind the canopy covers exactly the holes from the upper holes. While the ones from the lower sides are really pretty nasty. It's a great benefit to cover them that way! Awesome!

Thanks F' are my favs, the huge part behind the cockpit does not entirely mask the hole, but I still added a larger plastic piece as needed.

• 4 months later...