F-15 I " Ra am"

Babs

Hello, I'm trying to build an F-15I "Ra am" with the Tamiya kit.

I started a bit in all directions and not always the logical sense.

So I show you what is concrete, it is already not bad.

The two  LANTIRN & navigation pod, the air inlet of the AN / AAQ-14 is enlarged.

img_6810.jpg

img_6813.jpg

img_6814.jpg

img_6815.jpg

The underside of the tail boom comes from Cutting edge, slightly modified to accommodate the chaff and flare dispenser in resin.

Look on the one below.

img_6811.jpg

Typical of the F-15 I recent version, SATCOM antenna or "R2D2", made with Milliput and plastic sheet.

img_6812.jpg

img_6816.jpg

Edited by Babs

Have 2 Strike Eagles in my stash....one will be an Israeli F-15I. Good start so far....have you decided what weapons you'll hang on it?

Hello,

Initially I chose two GBU-15 with the data link pod.

But as this armament is will no longer be of in use in recent years(all have been sent) he no longer compatible with an current  F-15 I.

For the moment I do not know what I'm going to place, but there will be two AMRAAM under the CFT.

Thanks.

Hello, some pictures of the current cockpit, seats still to be made.

The adjustment of the  Avionix set has been really hard until the last moment of the assembly, amazing.

Look the different colors of the screens, bluish and greenish like on the pics available.

Seats will be the old cutting edge, I must give details but better in dimensions and proportions.

The glareshield cover are in place for now only to protect the canopy jettison handle.

img_6914.jpg

img_6913.jpg

img_6911.jpg

img_6915.jpg

img_6912.jpg

Edited by Babs

oh man, i realize now that this is probably the same Tamiya kit that i`m building too :) Awesome, these 1/32 beasts are much more interesting than i have expected. How you plan to convert it into I variant? The main differences are only in the camouflage and in the decals, or...?

PS: the cockpit looks strangely very beautiful with the turned off screens!

Edited by F`s are my favs

oh man, i realize now that this is probably the same Tamiya kit that i`m building too :) Awesome, these 1/32 beasts are much more interesting than i have expected. How you plan to convert it into I variant? The main differences are only in the camouflage and in the decals, or...?

PS: the cockpit looks strangely very beautiful with the turned off screens!

Thanks F' are my favorite.

This is the same modelkit, F-15 I are the israeli version of the US 'E'.

The difference ,other than the color scheme, are the tailboom, the top of the tail,antenna SATCOM et other small details.

And black cockpit..

Babs.

Looking good Babs.

That satellite antenna hump looks well shaped.

Although as far as the real thing goes, it looks a bit 'over the top' compared to most other countries' mini GPS receivers.

Though bear in mind my comment is in 100% ignorance of its actual utility.

Also of interest is that the IDFAF has reverted to all-black '50's era cockpit colouring in its leading attack jet, in the face of decades of ergonomic research.