F-104G pylons 1/32

Sparky

I can't find any pylons in 1/32 to arm my Italeri F-104G with AS34 Kormorans.

There's a nice kit placed on the market by CMK, but only with pylons to fit Tornados with the missiles.

Videoaviation pylons are very nice but they are not the specific pylons for the Kormorans.

21+34%20F-104G%20ErpSt%2061Kormoran.jpg

I think you will have to build them from scratch. Fortunatelly, they are not the most difficult part to do. But references are hardly available.

Edited by Zero77

1. videoaviation told me that CMK has nice missiles and I had to scratch the pylons.

2. No answer from CMK yet.

3. Eduard-support, Petra Solcova answered:

"yes, they might be released sometime in the future, we are thinking about this in our longer term plans. 

But I don not have any closer time schedules for this, I am afraid. 
Have a nice day."

Chaff/flare dispensers would be very nice, because they were used on all Marine F-104G in their late days, not only on the RF-104.

Maybe the Recce-version will follow Italeris TF-104G - let's hope...

• 2 years later...
On 5/12/2016 at 9:00 AM, Zero77 said:

Videoaviation pylons are very nice but they are not the specific pylons for the Kormorans.

21+34%20F-104G%20ErpSt%2061Kormoran.jpg

I think you will have to build them from scratch. Fortunatelly, they are not the most difficult part to do. But references are hardly available.

I assume it goes without saying that the ErpSt 61 (latterly WTD 61) F-104G above is carrying a test missile, and an operational jet wouldn't have the launch camera mounted on the pylon.

Having just acquired a Hasegawa F-104G (good shape and easier to re-scribe than dealing with the Italeri trenches) that came with a set of bulged doors and fat wheels my plan for a bare metal Luke based jet in USAF markings somehow morphed into an MFG2 Marine aircraft with Kormorans. The DACO and HaHen decals might have contributed to that. Looks like those pylons will need some looking into.

Edited to add photo of  regular operational type pylon (from wiki) and fairing on missile..

Kormoran_missile.jpg

Edited by Chek
clarity

• 6 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I haven't found a definitive answer to my question with my searches.

When the AS-34 Kormoran entered service with the BundesMarine squadrons, were all F-104Gs in RAL7012 basaltgrau upper surfaces by then?

I'd quite like finish mine in the more iconic olivgrun splinter scheme, but I haven't found a Kormoran equipped one in that scheme yet.

One of the AIRDoc books will likely have the answer, but I don't have them.

Thanks Jennings, that sems about right to me.

I'm doing one with the older white missiles (so that the stencils show up better) and as I say, the old splinter schemes are how I remember German Starfighters being.