Spitfire LF.XVIe conversion

Derek B

Derek, thanks to the link that Andy posted in my Spitfire thread, I've gone back and reviewed this thread from the cockpit section forward. Astounding work my friend! You really must finish this build! I'm going to blatantly copy as much of your cockpit work as I can, though I find it a bit intimidating and deflating to be honest. I'm not sure I could ever pull off the kind of detailing and fidelity you have going on here.

OK, over to you: another update please!

Kev

Hi Kev - thanks for the very kind words. I have been following your Spitfire F.Mk.24 work and it is every bit as good as anything I have attempted in this project. The detail work may seem daunting at the moment from your point of view, but you are a much better modeller than you believe yourself to be, and I suspect that once you complete your current Spitfire project, you'll look at your work in a few years from now and think 'I know that I can do better than that now!'.

I will clean up and detail the forward cockpit pressure bulkhead foot well for production, which means that there will be a little delay to any further progress on this project - unless I can find a new area of the aircraft to work on in the meantime?

Cheers

Derek

Hi Kev - thanks for the very kind words. I have been following your Spitfire F.Mk.24 work and it is every bit as good as anything I have attempted in this project. The detail work may seem daunting at the moment from your point of view, but you are a much better modeller than you believe yourself to be, and I suspect that once you complete your current Spitfire project, you'll look at your work in a few years from now and think 'I know that I can do better than that now!'.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Derek. Too many great builds and modellers here for me to count myself among them, but I appreciate your kinds words all the same.

Looking forward to your next updates on this!

Kev

Well, well, Derek, 6 years have passed since you began this thread and it seems like only yesterday. I realise you haven't exactly been idle in the intervening period, but it would be super to see the build resuming and benefiting from your increased arsenal of skills.

Best, Jean

Well, well, Derek, 6 years have passed since you began this thread and it seems like only yesterday. I realise you haven't exactly been idle in the intervening period, but it would be super to see the build resuming and benefiting from your increased arsenal of skills.

Best, Jean

Thank you Jean - very nice to hear from you again. Your own work is pretty astounding also (I was amazed at what you achieved with your home brewed PE parts and wing forming methods).

Best regards

Derek

• 1 month later...

Derek,

WOW,

Seven years have passed by quite quickly as I read thru this epic working progress.

I have been battered and arrested a few bad guys in all this time and I blinking well went and MISSED this one.

Highly IMPRESSIVE workmanship.

Not surprised you have no time for yourself with greedy folk like ME WANTING to see MORE.tsk!

Derek it's been fun reading this thru this quiet peaceful morning!

Good luck.will be back to see more of your excellent work...

Such EXCELLENCE.Top grade ..A+

You're too kind! :blush:

Yes, this is a long haul conversion and of course, things have now moved on in modelling terms, but I shall complete it one of these days!

The lower forward cockpit footwell bulkhead is currently sitting in a tub of water and ammonia (window cleaner) to remove the paint - I am going to rework this as a master pattern for sale to help those who still wish to convert the Hasegawa 1/32 Spitfire kits from anything from a Mk.VI upwards (it would work on the PCM Mk.IX and XIV kits as well).

Best regards and thanks

Derek

• 3 years later...