1/32 Trumpeter Av -8b Night Attack Harrier II

logical

I don't really like doing Wip's I seem to get bored of the kit half way through. But I might need some help on this one. I'm the kind of Modeller that if it looks like the aircraft it's fine. I'm in no way a rivet counter. Accuracy isn't high on my list at the moment. Maybe it'll change later.

This kit I'll be using Aires Cockpit and wheel wells along with Eduard'so exterior set.

But here we go. I've taken photos of only the undercarriage bays so far. I have completed the cockpit to just needs a wash.

The RCS in the front bay has been toned down from the bronze colour. As they tend to go a dull silvery/gold colour in use from what my ex RAF mate told me.

20160504_140843_zpsvwirkbjy.jpg

It looks like you're off to a great start. I really do like the Aires resin sets, I know that in 1/32, they seem to have the shrinkage issue, but the detail and casting is flawless, and as you've shown with a good paint job and a wash, you're on your way to a masterpiece.

The Trumpeter Harriers aren't the most accurate models going around, but as you said, if it looks like a Harrier... And I think that while the Trumpeter models aren't to the level of the newer tamiya kits, Trumpeter are actually making kits of jets with new ones coming out fairly regularly .

I'm looking forward to watching your build come together, keep it going!

Looking good logical! The Aires parts usually do look good.

Though maybe not enough filthiness, depending where it is in the cleaning cycle.

All that hot burnt oily paraffin and dust kicked up has to stick somewhere!

And feast your eyes now, for hereonin wilt they rarely be seen, by thou or anyone else..

A mate, John Wolstenholme had a crack at a Trumpy 2-gen Harrier over on ARC a few years ago before it broke his will to live. lol.

But he did progress quite a way if you get stuck for inspiration. Might even be a detail pic or three that I posted still there.

Great start, this kit has lots of fit issues, especially when the Aires parts are fitted in. Watch out for the canopy fit once the aires cockpit is in.

Also, not to mention the missing panel under the wing, the LERX.

Zots decals for all panel stencelling are exellent.

I don't really like doing Wip's I seem to get bored of the kit half way through. But I might need some help on this one. I'm the kind of Modeller that if it looks like the aircraft it's fine. I'm in no way a rivet counter. Accuracy isn't high on my list at the moment. Maybe it'll change later.

This kit I'll be using Aires Cockpit and wheel wells along with Eduard'so exterior set.

But here we go. I've taken photos of only the undercarriage bays so far. I have completed the cockpit to just needs a wash.

The RCS in the front bay has been toned down from the bronze colour. As they tend to go a dull silvery/gold colour in use from what my ex RAF mate told me.

20160504_140843_zpsvwirkbjy.jpg

Do you plan to leave the NLG & MLG doors open or closed as they usually are when parked on the flight line?

Great start, going to be following this one close. Looking forward to seeing what you do with that very weird "kink" in the leading edge of the wing. Trumpeter really messed this up with that strange "pinch". Keep it up!

Chuck

Years ago I did a review build of the earlier released kit and did a wing kink fix. Is there a search function? And someone else here did an in-depth accuracy bug bit. To amend what was mentioned above, the canopy might no fit worth spit, regardless of the cockpit. My sample sure didn't.

Edited by stevegallacci

Years ago I did a review build of the earlier released kit and did a wing kink fix. Is there a search function? And someone else here did an in-depth accuracy bug bit. To amend what was mentioned above, the canopy might no fit worth spit, regardless of the cockpit. My sample sure didn't.

Found the thread Steve. I'll give it a go :-)