Clever idea

Fred Jack

There is a discontinued 1/32 decal sheet for the Hobbycraft SPAD Xlll by FFSMC Industries which includes two French 48th SPA SPAD Xlll. A fellow cut out each SPAD from the sheet, got two Hobbycraft SPADS, and combined each sheet with a separate SPAD, then auctioned off each combination on eBay. I was able to get both, which is how I knew he had done this because both sheets matched up. Because both were auctioned off at different weeks, I didn't realize it was the same seller. I actually love his idea.

There is a discontinued 1/32 decal sheet for the Hobbycraft SPAD Xlll by FFSMC Industries which includes two French 48th SPA SPAD Xlll. A fellow cut out each SPAD from the sheet, got two Hobbycraft SPADS, and combined each sheet with a separate SPAD, then auctioned off each combination on eBay. I was able to get both, which is how I knew he had done this because both sheets matched up. Because both were auctioned off at different weeks, I didn't realize it was the same seller. I actually love his idea.

Hopefully, he combined shipping! :)

I had no idea that Spada had a Camel sheet. I do have a set of NOVASCALE N-32071 Camels if you'd like any. I have a thing for Barker's Camel since I had his 1/28th plane as a teen when Revell came out with it. I had it displayed with Luke's SPAD and Voss' Tripe, the first plane released in 1/28. I have Luke's SPAD and Voss' Tripe, but not Barker's Camel, so I'll take the decal off your hands. I have a Clerget motor, and a couple of the LeRhone Aces Camels.

Edited by Fred Jack

Funny how the NOVASCALE instructions reference Osprey British and Empire Aces of World War l yet not one of the planes or pilots are even mentioned in the book???????

I see Ernie is building his Camel, so that's probably why he dropped the ball, but that's understandable, it's a great kit.

Great, do you have a link by any chance?