U-2336 KM type XXIII u-boat in a scratched drydock 1:35

Sparky

Working more than 2 years with this beast and its "display". But I hope to finish soon:

IMG_4472_zpsc5a84fb1.jpg

IMG_4462_zpsaeff209e.jpgIMG_4461_zps272fe2a2.jpg

IMG_4153_zps3b9aad8d.jpg. IMG_4152_zps9f4ebf37.jpg

Because the model is only an empty tube, there was a lot to do inside. Large floating holes and looking into NOTHING? Now the boat is finished and some men and equipment will be added to the dock.

Edited by Sparky

It's looking great. I love the surface rust on the u boat, and the dock, I think it will come together fantastic when the equipment and workers are added. Keep the photos coming!

Wow- love it!!!! You have really captured the atmosphere of the facility.

I visited the old Keroman U Boat pens in Lorient, France a few years ago (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keroman_Submarine_Base)- still 90% complete after all these years as they were build so solidly in the first place, demolishing them would take years and cost millions. It is an amazing place, and felt like being on a film set- (I think they have filmed stuff there). You can really 'taste' the history, and the visitors book was full of British and American aircrews names, and comments like "I visited here in 1941 in a Halifax/1944 in a B26- lots of Flak!!!". So many intereting stories connected to it, such as Jacques Stosskopf (google him) and the fact that German forces held the base until May 1945 even though they were completely surrounded. Well worth a visit if you are ever in the area.

Guest The Southern Bandit

Looks stunning, bought the Revell 1/72 U-Boat last week, its a kit that has been on my wish list for a long time.

Looks stunning, bought the Revell 1/72 U-Boat last week, its a kit that has been on my wish list for a long time.

Which U-Boat? Revell makes at least three that I'm aware of.

...at least 4 boats:

1. type VII C (wolf pack)

2. type VIIC/41 (atlantic version)

3. type IX C (U 505 late)

4. type IX C/40 (U 190)

Right, I forgot about the plain IXC.