ScanmanDan

Any news on X-1A/B?

Guest Smitty44

Much interest Paul!

Those X planes are so interesting. I hope that enough others also like them so that you are convinced to do a whole series... lifting bodies and all those speed machines. Just don't sell out of them before I get some.

One of my crazy fun memories is seeing a lifting body strapped on the back of a flatbed semi truck rolling down the freeway. I must have been going to work or school in the early '70's, and there on the next lane of I-15 in Salt Lake City was something that looked like the M2F-1 or the HL-10, but I didn't know that then. Thought it was a real flying saucer. Uber cool.

Can't wait for X-1's and more!

Tnarg

OMG !!!!!

It's been years that i was looking for the Cutting Edge conversion, but i always get outbidded on Ebay, or the prices are too high.

So, that's very good news  !!!!!!

Will it be a full kit or a conversion?

Those X planes are so interesting. I hope that enough others also like them so that you are convinced to do a whole series... lifting bodies and all those speed machines. Just don't sell out of them before I get some.

One of my crazy fun memories is seeing a lifting body strapped on the back of a flatbed semi truck rolling down the freeway. I must have been going to work or school in the early '70's, and there on the next lane of I-15 in Salt Lake City was something that looked like the M2F-1 or the HL-10, but I didn't know that then. Thought it was a real flying saucer. Uber cool.

Can't wait for X-1's and more!

Tnarg

Oh yes !!!!

X-1E, X-2, Skystreak, Skyrocket and Stiletto, please ! I'd go for them in the second !

784px-Bell_X-1A.jpg

659px-Joe_Walker_X-1E.jpg

838px-X-2_on_ramp_with_B-50_mothership_a

767px-Douglas_D-558-I-NASA-E49-059.jpg

767px-D-558-II-NASA-E-1442.jpg

769px-Douglas_X-3_NASA_E-17348.jpg

Edited by Zero77

It is a favorite family of aircraft for me also, and I would love to do them all.If time permits and the first  ones do OK I guarantee you I will do as many X-Planes as you guys will buy. remember ...the X-3 is 25 inches long in our beloved 1/32 scale...ask me how I know!!

It is a favorite family of aircraft for me also, and I would love to do them all.If time permits and the first  ones do OK I guarantee you I will do as many X-Planes as you guys will buy. remember ...the X-3 is 25 inches long in our beloved 1/32 scale...ask me how I know!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm staggered !!! That's too great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul you just made my day (even my week !).

My SH X-15 made a jump to the top of the stash.

Edited by Zero77

Oh man, Oh man, Oh man, Oh man, YES!

Dan happy with anticipation now...

A Skystreak would just be the cherry on top.  One of the first aircraft to take off under it's own power then climb to altitude and go mach one! Look Ma no rockets ;)  The X-3 sure is pretty but didn't achieve it's design goals, shows to go you how fast aircraft design advanced in the golden days of the X-Planes.

Thanks Paul.

Dan

The X-3 looks like it flew five times faster than it actually did... but it does look great. Just imagine the whole series including the X-20, X-24's, HL-10, M2F series, plus those mentioned so far. Just a wonderful group of super speed devices.

Tnarg