Dumb thought of the day...Would Trumpeter's F4U-1D canopy fit...

joker

Yes...another bit to review and replace...still do-able though..well only if the canopy fits..I guess you could also try and sand out the 2 ribs on the Tamiya canopy, however I wonder if it would leave a ghost of the ribs even when sanded and polished...anyhow keep the tweek items coming...

Thanks,

Peter

I would hope that Tamiya and Trumpeter's Corsairs are true to scale, so anything would be interchangeable.

Only if they were :

1) perfectly accurate !

2) designed/engineered the same way

I have a Trumpy 1D in the stash. If someone want to send me a Tamiya 1A, i can try ! :)

Edited by Zero77

Okay ...how about Tamiya wings with Trumps fuselage?..just thinking out loud here...Trumpeters wings and silly flaps are a weak point for sure, if I remember correctly there may be some issue with the landing gear doors being the wrong shape as well.....not sure I haven't been able to compare the 2 kits yet...but you'd get the correct (ish) fuselage with way better (and stronger) wings in the folded position?...however Trumpeters engraving might (would) have to be toned down, and it might be really tough to get the 2 components to match up without engraving the whole project...mmmmm, might be beyond my skillsets..or desire.

Thanks for your patience,

P

I would think that would be a waste of a Tamiya kit! If you just used the Tamiya wings, you would still have to add the rocket stubs and bomb pylons, so why not just add them to a full Tamiya kit? I don't think there are that many other differences between the -1A and -1D. 

Very true, I think it would be a waste of a perfectly good kit...unless you could get your hands on the correct sprues..I think it may be a case of just seeing what fits ( if anything) and go from there...see if the Squadron vacform fits and if not, vacform one myself....by that time someone would have come out with a conversion kit....

Thanks,

P