MikeC

Hawk T Mk 1 ETPS - FINISHED, COMPLET, FINITO ...

Well I've primed some bits (and tested a highlighter pen, yes it still works)

WP_20160429_20_07_15_Pro_zpsredyh033.jpg

Then painted and decalled the cockpit.

WP_20160430_21_22_22_Pro_zpsvbe5brbq.jpg

WP_20160430_21_22_43_Pro_zpsfhysjptk.jpg

WP_20160430_21_23_12_Pro_zpsoxu4gyqv.jpg

I think the kit instrument decals look reasonably effective.  Next job is one of my favourites in a cockpit: detail painting, dry-brushing, and a bit of weathering.  There may have been some changes from the the standard T1, given the role, but I'm a bit short of info one way or the other so I'm going to leave it as is.

In any case, this will also test if my "theory of bang-seat optics" works in 1:32 as it does in 1:48.  "What is this theory?", I hear you ask.  Simply this: go to town on the ejection seat, it provides a focus for the cockpit and draws the eye, thus making the cockpit look much better than it actually is. :wicked:

Edited by MikeC

Thanks both; I must get back to this very soon, I got distracted by a couple of Lavochkins.  They're 1:48, so please don't tell. ;)

I like the "bang-seat" optics theory Mike, artists have a technique called trompe d'oeil, literally translated as fool the eye where you think you're seeing something that's not quite there. Very clever......but LAZY!!!! :) :)

Max

“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.† (Robert A. Heinlein)

....so we can look forward to lots of progress then Mike?! :)

Max