Best IAF Mirage III reference book (or website)?

ChuckT

The top photo is a real IAF Mirage IIIC IP from the Osprey book. The bottom photo is actually a Vatour IP, mislabeled as a Mirage IIICJ. I believe the incorrect bottom photo is the one in the Dor book.

Interesting stuff. I'm surprised Dor let that one get by, though perhaps he didn't actually edit the copy.

I found a picture of what is claimed to be an Israeli CJ and its different from the pics shown.  It shows what looks like a square faced radar scope below the artificial horizon/bezu (sp?)

Do you guys think it could be showing an early Israeli CJ panel, or is the round faced radar more appropriate for that era of CJ?

It appears to be a Mirage cockpit, but no way of telling whether it's an Israeli bird. Unless someone can 100% positively identify it as a cockpit from an Israeli IIIC, and identify the era, I wouldn't use it as a basis for my build. For myself, I plan to use the standard IIIC cockpit with the round radar scope as shown in the Osprey book, and as shown in walkarounds of standard French Mirage IIIC.