Kawasaki Ki61 Tony

I used 6 decals total on the build, fin flash x 2, stars on wing cannon openings x 2, and wing warning markings x 2. The stripes and Himomarus are all painted on, used tape for the stripes and frisket paper and round template for the meatballs. I had Quickboost exhaust for the kit, but it was undersize, fit was off. I used kit parts. i do have the pitot tube, it's an aftermarket part that along with the gun barrels were included with the kit. I'll install it later after i'm certain handling will be minimum. Hernia surgery stuff is pretty much OK, hopefully will go back to work next week with Drs. approval. Last two weeks were OK, relaxing way to pass the time was to complete this build.

Don

Hey guys!! Thanks for the positive feedback!! The basic build was fast, love Hasegawa for the engineering and fit of their kits. The chipping was super easy to do, i use rubber cement as the masking agent. I apply it with a piece of packing material, though you could use just about anything. I don't know how this would affect acrylic paint as everything i've applied this to has been Tamiya spray bomb. You can apply the glue as light or heavy as you desire, i like the control you have with the glue. It's hard to see where you apply it as it dries clear, so pay attention where you apply it!!! Airbrush your color as usual, let dry. The cement will remove by rubbing away with your finger. That's it, you're done....

IMG_4887_zpsompjuame.jpg

Don