1/48 SU 9 Fishpot

do335b6

• 1 month later...

Looks great, but, I am left wondering if perhaps the windscreen was glued on about 1/8" too far forward? The step in the canopy opening makes me think that it is..  but I could be wrong!!   :shrug:

Beautiful model.

I am struggling very hard to resist the latest Trumpeter 1/48 Su-9U Maiden and Su-11 Fishpot releases. (If only Trumpy hadn't screwed up the Flagons I'd already have had a shelf devoted to Sukhoi PVO 1960s-1970s fighters.)

The forthcoming AMK 1/48 MiG-25RB recce Foxbat may force a retro scale modelling year - the first since 1992

Tony

p.s. bitten. I knew 1/48 had to carry a health warning on this site!

Edited by Tony T

The kit goes together great, not like a Trump kit . As far as I can see they have done the 9 and 11 accurately unlike the Flagon kits, The only place that is weak is the cockpit which Red Star has covered the 9 cockpit is out and I am paitently waiting for the Su 11 cockpit so I can start that kit. Overall build is good perfect for Novice builders. 

The kit goes together great, not like a Trump kit 

I guess you're referring to their earlier efforts.  If so, I agree.  Fit and engineering have improved a lot over the years and it is accuracy which is hit or miss (depending on where they got their references from).

I might hold off buying any more bits for that monstrosity if I were you.  Time will tell...

Don't tease, if you know what I know let's just say there might be a better kit coming along.  ;)

Regards,

Edited by sharkmotuh

I might hold off buying any more bits for that monstrosity if I were you. Time will tell...

Jennings, tell me straight we're going to get an accurate Flagon. I wouldn't kill for it, but might consider coming pretty close!

Tony

Edited by Tony T

I've got a hybrid 1/72 A-Model and Trumpy Su-15TM and balalaika winged Su-15A in progress which look vaguely respectable with the Pavla and Aries radomes, but there's little doubt that a great many sins can be hidden in that scale (which would become unsightly in 1/48 and unbearable if further amplified to 1/32).

Really, really also hoping for an accurate Su-15 in either 1/48 or 1/32.

Picked up the Trumpeter 1/48 Su-9U Maiden (not sure the real fore and aft cockpit stations are duplicate like the kit) and Su-11 Fishpot on the basis of do335b6's build here and they are very nice. Similar parts engineering as would be expected. Has given a suitable Sukhoi interceptor fix for now.

Very pleased about the forthcoming AMK MiG-25RB Foxbat.

Tony