First 1/32nd bits in the pipeline....looking for more ideas please

Blackbird01

Hi,

Hope it's ok to post this.

We have our first LSP conversion in the pipeline, the masters being done at the moment for the early Hawker Hunter, new tailpipe, wing leading edges and new flaps. All designed for the Revell 1/32nd scale kit. After that I'm looking at doing the A-4B and A-4C in 1/32nd but am always looking for suggestions, and if they are doable then we'll glaldy look at them. I'm also looking to add 1/32nd scale decals to our range too.

Any feedback or comments most welcome

Glenn Ashley

Blackbird Models

Well, a Hunter variant certainly fits with the "Hawker's Finest" theme that the Fly Hurricane has awoken in me.

The one thing I would really like to see available are fuselage inserts for the vents and grilles that differentiate the Sapphire engined Marks 2 & 5 from the Avon engined types.

Tailpipes, wing leading edges and flap differences would be very welcome (although all apart from the smaller diameter jetpipes are available with the application of moderate modelling skill to most modellers already).

Personally, I'm not all that fussed about the Skyhawk family apart from representative A-4B and A-4F types, but I'm sure others will welcome your plans with enthusiasm.

Edited by Chek

How about new R550 Magic missiles for the Italeri Mirage?. The ones in the kit are not great at all, and they could be used on other aircraft as well. Another, more involved project would be a RF-8 conversion for the Trumpeter F-8 Crusader. I thought that once Fisher models did the F-8c conversion, the recon version was just a matter of time, but that doesn't appear to be the case. They were the longest serving Crusaders in US service, so lots of marking choices and color schemes.

Edited by eoyguy

Hi Glenn,

Conversions appeal to me, so I'm happy to hear that you are looking to expand the line.

Here are some of my ideas, all of which express an obvious Cold War era bias. :thumbsup:

Three of the four saw use with other (than U.S.) air forces, which perhaps might broaden their appeal.

image_zpsxx5uaesv.jpeg

airliners.net

image_zps4sutcvkf.jpeg

www.aircraftinformation.info

image_zps9flocqig.jpeg

vmap.wikispace.com

image_zpsbmdpu2hr.jpeg

Wikipedia Commons

All of these subjects would be ambitious in scope; involving new clear parts and large resin (or vacuum-formed) airframe components. But hey, nothing wrong with thinking big every once and awhile!

Rich

Edited by allthumbs

Welcome Glenn.

I agree with Chek.

HAWKER HUNTER

A superb kit which needs a lot more love.

The vents and what-not for the earlier Mk.4 etc Hunters (and converted derivatives) would be dandy. Perhaps in etch to overlay on the fuselage?

New, better wing flaps would also be a boon.

A Harley light nose mod in clear resin for a GA.11 would be super.

Hunter cockpit sidewall detail would also be much appreciated.

BEYOND HUNTERS I would look at the Trumpeter Harrier kits or, if Iain's lost interest, the EE Lightnings.

Tony

ok, thanks for the welcome and the feedback.

I will take a look at it and see where we can fit things in. It's a case of mixing in with my 1/72nd scale stuff. But Alan is on with the Hunter stuff so that should be out this summer. I certainly will be looking at doing more stuff. The Venom I will have a look at too and we can go from there.

Thanks

Glenn