Dornier Do 335 References?

ChuckT

Hi there.

I'm hoping to start on my big 32nd. scale HK Do 335 and was wondering what good references I should get for it? I do have the monarch book (on order) plus the older schiffer book and Merrick's cockpit book which all cover this aircraft, but are there any other references with good pictures anyone can think of?

Thanks, Chuck.

Edited by ChuckT

Checked out abebooks for any used version of the "Dornier Do 335: The Luftwaffe's Fastest Piston-Engine Fighter" Book. Cheapest copy was almost $400 US!

Alibis.com doesn't seem to have a website.

Found a used book site called Alibris. They have the above book going for as much as $1000 Canadian!

I guess thats only worth $500 US (kidding) but either way it sounds like its just too rick for my poor public servant blood.

I have the monogram monograph book and the Bunrindo book on the Do 335 both on order. I also already have the schiffer soft cover book and merricks Luftwaffe cockpit book. Hopefully between all that I should have enough info to get me rolling.

Thanks again for all the suggestions, Chuck.

The Monogram (both volumes) and Classic Publications books might be your best bet. There's another, but the publisher eludes me at the moment.

Another thumbs up for the Classic Publications and Monogram books. The other publisher you are thinking of may be Schiffer and their hardcover illustrated history

http://www.amazon.com/Dornier-Do-335-Illustrated-Schiffer/dp/0764318721

(or Aviatic Verlag)

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reference/details.php?title=5285

They are much the same book as Schiffer's is the English translation of the German book. Schiffer books are hit or miss, but this volume has some interesting detail photos and drawings from the flight manual. Not in the same league as the first two mentioned, but if you see the book, check it out.

• 2 weeks later...