1/18 Spitfire Mk. XIVe - Race #80

airscale

evening all :)

From the MK14 high back manual if any help

..those pics are really useful Tony thank you - I can see some differences I am going to have to think about vs the panel ref I did the artwork to from a real XIV - maybe there were changes on late low back shipped to Canada versions (he says hopefully...)

today was about an emergency blow down.. nope, not a gust of wind blowing down chateau airscale, but a small fitting with an air bottle used to blow down the landing gear in an emergency.. you can see it here - the little black bottle and red handle..

WIP170_zpsr2iaupqk.jpg

..I made up a load of parts - from left to right - some straps from ali foil, the mounting bracket from brass sheet & sections (that I miserably failed to solder so it's CA'd together), the handle with a red bit of plastic like the real one (chunk from an x-acto handle ahem), some bits and bobs and the bottle itself turned with a file from a bit of rod in my dremel..

WIP169_zpsce8m9ti2.jpg

..dry fitted together..

WIP172_zpsfcuirbkc.jpg

WIP171_zpsnpf87fbh.jpg

..I decided to paint it before assembly as otherwise it would get a bit tricky..

WIP173_zps1bp1c9ot.jpg

..and the finished part after a few hours work...

WIP175_zpshlzbjklh.jpg

WIP174_zpsrtyxzvgr.jpg

..and where it goes on the fuselage wall - a bit of fettling to go yet...

WIP176_zpstey3piab.jpg

..one more part down, only 12,089 to go..

TTFN

Peter

Abd I suppose the needle is to remind us that we should take up knitting or sewing :hmmm: ?

No I will resist the feeling of nothingness I feel about myself when looking at your work, and keep on modelling :) !

Great job Peter (It goes without saying, but it's even better saying it, isn't it ?)

Hubert

I've been watching this build from the start, but I haven't left a post on this thread yet, because everything that can be said about this work has already been said. Which is to say that your work is simply the best, and it shows everyone what can be achieved with what I can only imagine is a lot of hard work and continually trying to push yourself . Excellent work, I can't wait to see this come together.